Complimentary wines

Personally I find the white offerings to be acceptable, it is the Reds that fall short so therefore IMO the wine list is fairly priced and offers choices for most tastes if you don't want the free offerings. We usually become well acquainted with the sommelier plus it provides us a chance to try new wines vs. the mediocre reds. And with the club discount it is usually much cheaper than you can get at a land-based restaurant. That said the complimentary wines vary from cruise to cruise with some usually always being present, Santa Margherita along with Latour, Stags Leap, Oyster Bay, etc. I can always find something to drink at lunch from the complimentary list. It all comes down to personal taste- I always try something different from the complimentary list just because one never knows what they might discover they like.

I would expect a premium cruiseline to offer premium wine choices on the included list. Almost everything else is top quality, so why not the wine?

When I cruise Seabourn, I look forward to many of the food / wine choices I wouldn't normally have at home, but many of the wines are available in a budget priced supermarket.

The best way to get an image through here is to use a dedicated hosting site and link from there. Images attached to posts usually get horrifically b0rked by the sites software.

On my last cruise I was told that Seabourn was going to be altering their inclusive wine list more frequently with seasonal and local varieties.

I would expect a premium cruiseline to offer premium wine choices on the included list. Almost everything else is top quality, so why not the wine?

Agree 100%!

I certainly wouldn't expect to find Opus One or Caymus reds on a complementary list for an all-inclusive luxury cruise, but I would expect consistently solidly good wines that sell at retail -- not restaurants, but stores -- in the $20-$25 range, as opposed to the $10-$15 bottles several people have mentioned in this thread. We all have different tastes and expectations, of course, but if most of the comments here fall between "most included wines on Seabourn are dreadful" and "most of us can find a few which are OK", the wine experience surely falls short of the overall experience Seabourn is aiming to deliver.

the wine experience surely falls short of the overall experience Seabourn is aiming to deliver.

That's why I never drink the included wines and just order off the wine list.

Life's too short to drink poor wine.

If you find something from the inclusive list then that's fine.

Edited by Mr Luxury

I enjoy the Stag's Leap Chardonnay on the complimentary list. it sells at Total Wine in our area (SC) for about $24 and between $25-$30 in non-discount wine stores here. My husband likes the offered Sauvignon Blancs, Wingspan and Oyster Bay. These are less expensive at about $15-$20 here.

Hi All

the best wine is the one you like the most,and has nothing to do with the price.

I was in the business ( catering and supermarkets ) for about 48 years.( in Europe )

So i think i know something about it,and i could see behind the curtain.

Because their power in quantity they buy at prices we can't even think of.

Thats no critic thats business.

I agree that not all of the complimentary wines are to my personal taste (nor would I expect them to be given the wide variety on offer) but I've managed to always find at least a couple on every sailing that I enjoy enough to request them when something less pleasing is being poured.

I was tickled to find that the Oyster Bay sauv blanc is so reasonably priced back home in the US. It didn't diminish my cruise in the least - rather I can relive Seabourn memories every time I enjoy a glass on the porch.