Nieuw Amsterdam

mancunian

Thanks to both of you. I have been a little worried it might be in one of the two places I mentioned.

Ruth you must be off on Koningsdam soon - let us know how you get on. We went unexpectedly on Seabourn Odyssey for a week in the Greek Islands. For Seabourn it was a very reduced trip - to do with Turkey I think and changed itinerary. As it was our golden wedding last month we decided let's go for it!! An interesting experience and a very good cruise but to be honest I was not bowled over by it. I think the normal prices are far too expensive and the food is not as good as Oceania. Did like the ambience however. I think the main reason for the cost is all the alcohol people seem able to consume. We are getting older and with medication do not drink much at all. At home only about two glasses of wine a week. We did drink more on the cruise - about three glasses a day but we do not think Seabourn good value for us.

Ruth you must be off on Koningsdam soon - let us know how you get on.

I should have left for the Koningsdam last weekend, and sailed earlier this week, but I didn't. I canceled that cruise in favor of an operation, and am not missing it at all.

I only booked the ship to keep the fleet complete, and not because I find it something I want to sail. I'll pick it up another time.

We went unexpectedly on Seabourn Odyssey for a week in the Greek Islands. For Seabourn it was a very reduced trip - to do with Turkey I think and changed itinerary. As it was our golden wedding last month we decided let's go for it!! An interesting experience and a very good cruise but to be honest I was not bowled over by it. I think the normal prices are far too expensive and the food is not as good as Oceania.

Happy anniversary (belated). :)

If the food on Seaborne isn't as good as on Oceania, then it must be pretty poor indeed; Oceania did not live up to the hype on food, as far as I'm concerned. Certainly not at the price charged for the cruise.

Hi Ruth

Thanks for your good wishes

Hope you are recovered from your operation.

Actually we went on Oceania quite a bit later than you and our food was very good with plenty of choices. We are going with them to India and Burma (Singapore to Abu Dhabi) on a segment of the world cruise next April. It is on one of the smaller ships and previously we have been on Riviera so we shall see.