Carnival Stockholder OBC on Princess

Native Floridian 26

I've always received the benefit on Carnival and we are soon traveling on our first Princess cruise since we've had the stock. The benefits say "Employees,travel agents cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer."

Does that mean if I received reduced pricing from my travel agent, that I don't get the onboard credit? I need to book this right away, so I appreciate anyone who knows this answer.

We too just bought shares, and booked at a reduced rate months ago and we got our full OBC it really is a good deal and we have already made $100.00!!

I had my doubts it would go that low again. It was almost below $40 when i was on the phone...by the time it went through it was higher. I know it's a long haul profit but certainly a buy in price now for those of us wanting to make the "plunge"! We are going to keep cruising regardless!!

I think you did great & that's what a friend paid a couple of years ago.

The CCL shares chart shows more "peaks" than "valleys" and luckily you bought while in a valley so enjoy the combinable SOBC. If anyone is eligible for the great Princess Military Benefit Program it doesn't cost anything to get it...except for a couple of years of military service. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Can someone please post the link to the form to request the shareholder OBC? I know I have it somewhere, but damn if I can find it.

Thanks!

I believe this link will help you get to it.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

I do have the form but not savvy enough to upload, sorry!

Can someone please post the link to the form to request the shareholder OBC? I know I have it somewhere, but damn if I can find it.

Thanks!

I believe this link will help you get to it.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

I do have the form but not savvy enough to upload, sorry!

That link gives info about all of the their cruise lines but not the application & I've attached a copy of the current Princess shareholder application. Unlike the previous version it doesn't automatically allow me to type in the spaces but my version of the free Adobe Acrobat Reader allows me to chose the option to "edit"...or you can print it out & manually complete it.

It's not required to use the form but Princess has told me that they created the form after receiving incomplete submissions...even basic things such as the contact info was missing so they couldn't even call the passenger. Don't be concerned about the "applicable on sailings through July 31, 2016" statement because it's renewed each March & an updated form is available in June.

Princess_Shareholder_Request_Form_2016.pdf

Edited by Astro Flyer

I've always received the benefit on Carnival and we are soon traveling on our first Princess cruise since we've had the stock. The benefits say "Employees,travel agents cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer."

Does that mean if I received reduced pricing from my travel agent, that I don't get the onboard credit? I need to book this right away, so I appreciate anyone who knows this answer.

Heck no. You still get the SB. You aren't the TA or any of the other exclusions.

That link gives info about all of the their cruise lines but not the application & I've attached a copy of the current Princess shareholder application. Unlike the previous version it doesn't automatically allow me to type in the spaces but my version of the free Adobe Acrobat Reader allows me to chose the option to "edit"...or you can print it out & manually complete it.

It's not required to use the form but Princess has told me that they created the form after receiving incomplete submissions...even basic things such as the contact info was missing so they couldn't even call the passenger. Don't be concerned about the "applicable on sailings through July 31, 2016" statement because it's renewed each March & an updated form is available in June.

Thank you SO much!!! I'll use this one for my July 9 sailing, and wait for the new one for November.

Thank you SO much!!! I'll use this one for my July 9 sailing, and wait for the new one for November.

You're very welcome! My experience last week was only slightly slower than other recent applications but it was still issued in less than 72 hours. :)

I call them in June to get a PDF copy of the application form & that I'll share it on CC because they say it's helpful for them to get complete submissions which results in being able to process our requests faster. Also by accepting applications after final payment with a share statement that's "dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date" that helps to eliminate applying the OBC & having passengers cancel before final payment. It's another way to reduce their workload & to be able to more efficiently process our requests faster.

Edited by Astro Flyer