I love music but....

Brisbanelionsfan

I'll see if this posts OK. A video I took at 10.30am on a port day on Reflection last month. The idea of a quiet time by the pool whilst the ship was relatively empty, not going to happen.

th_IMG_2366_zpsws98sx8d.mp4

Thanks for posting this. This music actually sounds great to me -- I hope they still have it on Reflection in 2 weeks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Dave85

Just back from Solstice Singapore to Sydney and had a great cruise. Our cabin was very comfortable, food was excellent, staff very friendly, so what's the problem?

The loud music piped all over the public areas of the ship. It was so loud you couldn't speak to someone sitting next to you without yelling. We went to guest services and asked them if it could be turned down a bit and the response was "There are lots of young people on board and they like it"

Are you kidding, we were two of the youngest aboard and we are in our early 60s!

If we want to hear music, and we do often, we will go to the live venues and listen to the music we enjoy. We also enjoy the live music at the pool during the day.

I ended up sitting on my balcony and reading just to get some peace and quiet.

Celebrity please do something positive about this.

Cheers:eek:

Can't please everyone.

I'll see if this posts OK. A video I took at 10.30am on a port day on Reflection last month. The idea of a quiet time by the pool whilst the ship was relatively empty, not going to happen.

th_IMG_2366_zpsws98sx8d.mp4

What we hear is not actually music. It's computer generated loops which just keep repeating. This is because Celebrity does not want to pay royalties to the bodies that collect these for real music from established artists which is copyright.

I just wish Celebrity would turn it off. In my view it adds absolutely nothing to anything and is extremely annoying. It is putting me off cruising with Celebrity in the future.

What we hear is not actually music. It's computer generated loops which just keep repeating. This is because Celebrity does not want to pay royalties to the bodies that collect these for real music from established artists which is copyright.

I just wish Celebrity would turn it off. In my view it adds absolutely nothing to anything and is extremely annoying. It is putting me off cruising with Celebrity in the future.

That's your opinion, and we can agree to disagree. I'm in my 30s and happen to enjoy this type of music, which is similar to what you'd hear in a high end lounge in a big city. The good news is we all have many options on choose from in the cruising sector, some of which undoubtedly play music that is more to your taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums