Explorer Deck 13

mrlevin

As far as I can tell (having never been onboard) Explorer does not have a deck 13; if that is true, isn't Deck 14 really Deck 13 and Explorer would have 13 total decks instead of 14??

For those that have been onboard, is there in fact a deck 13?

Marc

PS Any feedback on infinity pool?

Long answer:

This is TOP SECRET, and should never leave Cruise Critic, but there is a Deck 13 on Explorer.

You have to stop the forward elevator on Deck 12 and climb out the the emergency exit in the ceiling.

And then there's a tunnel. Make your way through it and ZAP, you enter a portal to FDR's brain. (There, you can figure out the rationale behind the Regent Suite.)

When you exit the portal, somehow you will be at the corner of 6th and Biscayne Blvd.

Short answer: triskaidekaphobia. Very common for tall ships and tall buildings.

Sorry, I don't have anything about the infinity pool.

Long answer:

This is TOP SECRET, and should never leave Cruise Critic, but there is a Deck 13 on Explorer.

You have to stop the forward elevator on Deck 12 and climb out the the emergency exit in the ceiling.

And then there's a tunnel. Make your way through it and ZAP, you enter a portal to FDR's brain. (There, you can figure out the rationale behind the Regent Suite.)

When you exit the portal, somehow you will be at the corner of 6th and Biscayne Blvd.

Short answer: triskaidekaphobia. Very common for tall ships and tall buildings.

Sorry, I don't have anything about the infinity pool.

A very principled response. I wonder why they didn't make a Deck 15 so the total would be 14 decks instead of 13 decks; after all, how many 13 deck cruise ships are there? Any make it to there third anniversary? :)

Regarding the infinity pool - yes there is one. No further comment.

Intriguing; can I infer from your response that you would rather the Horizon Lounge be aft on Deck 5 instead of the infinity pool? :D

Intriguing; can I infer from your response that you would rather the Horizon Lounge be aft on Deck 5 instead of the infinity pool? :D

Absolutely (except that there is no Horizon Lounge on the Explorer but do really like the Explorer Lounge:-) Really looking forward to your group's "sea mail" from the Explorer - it should be enlightening!

I find it interesting, but not surprising, that few (if any) posters have talked about the infinity pool. I don't think that Regent has to worry about too many people being there which was a concern for a while.

The few people we spoke to who had found the infinity pool via the spa zone seemed to have enjoyed it. Certainly peaceful as not many pax seemed to know it was there or how to access it. It is semi-drained when the ship is in port for "safety" reasons. Go figure. There are a few sun loungers next to the pool which are great for some peace and quiet but I'm not sure the whole concept works.