Penthouse #1107

Mudhen

Just did an upgrade from the bilge (haha!) to a penthouse. There are 3 of us in the cabin so almost doubling the balcony and half again as much space as the "other" cabin, it seemed worth it to do so. Has anyone here been in this cabin? Any chance there's a whirlpool in the tub? Does Regent have any cabins that have a whirlpool tub?

And what does one do with a butler? Has anyone ever had them unpack or pack you up?

I would normally not ever even think of that, but they're jobs I JUST HATE! Seems like punishment! haha!

Thank you in advance.

Hi Mudhen which ship are you going on? We always unpack ourselves, and my husband packs, ex military precision so I keep well away then. I am sure you will find the butler most helpful, he assists with restaurant bookings, tops up the mini bar with whatever you need, serves meals in your suite if you wish. We have always found them most helpful and polite and keen to help with anything to make your cruise special to you. I think we had a whirlpool bath on Voyager but not 100% sure. Mariner and navigator penthouse no whirlpool there.:)

Jean.

Oh Mudhen, I bet it will be great fun on your cruise. I am smiling at the very thought. What cruise are you taking? We are off on the Mariner in June, it's a lovely ship and it will be our third time on board. I am sure you may have seen the picture I posted on the mini bar we had on our last mariner cruise. Our lovely butler kept it topped up with fizzy and strawberries and cheeky wee chocolate truffles. Have a wonderful cruise .;)

Jean.

OOOO! Hadn't thought of strawberries for the champers....of course! Brilliant! and chocolate truffles?! OMG! Died and went to heaven! We leave on Sat for Barcelona and board on Monday. Then off to France, Italy, etc. We end up in Venice! Hoping you have an excellent voyage as well, no matter where you're headed!

Oh fabulous itinerary. The temperatures in the med seem to be favourable just now and will be heating up for you nicely. We are opposite of you in June, Venice to Barcelona. Just perfect itinerary. Enjoy and look forward to your updates .

Congratulations Mudhen, you can give us a knock we are in 1112 on your cruise, we had a butler a few times, and to be honest he has done very little for us, apart from lay breakfast, I would love him to pack / unpack but she who must be obeyed won't allow this as she don't want him to she her underwear (pants to us English, but last time I said that I got a bemused look, forgot that pants to you lot were trousers to us over the pond. :-). He will arrange a cocktail party for you, we never had one as we cruise on our own, he will alter your tours if you want, in fact he will do anything that's legal.

We have just normally asked questions of him. See you at the deck party, if you hear a cockney voices then please say hello. Can't really say what the rooms are like as we have never been on the Mariner only the voyager, and they were great, plenty of room and a large bathroom, although I have been warned that the bathroom isn't so large on mariner. We haven't got a bath, only a large shower which don't worry us, from memory on voyager I believe we did have a whirlpool bath. Should be a fabulous cruise and if we meet I will buy you drink:)

Congratulations Mudhen, you can give us a knock we are in 1112 on your cruise, we had a butler a few times, and to be honest he has done very little for us, apart from lay breakfast, I would love him to pack / unpack but she who must be obeyed won't allow this as she don't want him to she her underwear (pants to us English, but last time I said that I got a bemused look, forgot that pants to you lot were trousers to us over the pond. :-). He will arrange a cocktail party for you, we never had one as we cruise on our own, he will alter your tours if you want, in fact he will do anything that's legal.

We have just normally asked questions of him. See you at the deck party, if you hear a cockney voices then please say hello. Can't really say what the rooms are like as we have never been on the Mariner only the voyager, and they were great, plenty of room and a large bathroom, although I have been warned that the bathroom isn't so large on mariner. We haven't got a bath, only a large shower which don't worry us, from memory on voyager I believe we did have a whirlpool bath. Should be a fabulous cruise and if we meet I will buy you drink:)

CK: Since The Boss and I will also be in 1112 on 6 Sep, I would love to see some pics of it if at all possible. Also, don't have too many wild parties in there! :D

Z and TB

We'd love to have you buy us ALL a drink.....there'll be 3 of us! hahaha! We'll buy you one in return! Looking forward to meeting you at the block party. We'll run around to the "other" side of the ship as you're port, we're starboard. Will be listening for that accent!!!

Mudhen - I translate Cockney if it helps. :) :)

I sit with a real "Gor blimey Guv'nor" Londoner at Notts County football games, he speaks fluent Cockney, at a terrific rate in full flow. We have some fun with him & he takes it in good part.

Hope to bump into you all somewhere. Charltonkerry is on the same flight and is staying in the same hotel as us, so I'm sure we'll have met/spoken by the time we are on board.

So looking forward to meeting you ALL! And yes, we'll buy everyone a drink!! haha! I will be very happy to have someone translate for us. We have Jack Russell terriers that we field trial. One of our favorite judges is British (originally from "over there somewhere") He's now married to a Southern gal and lives here in the states. When ever he visits on trial days, after he's finished speaking, we always look at each other and say "what did he say??!!) and Susan his wife translates with the thickest southern drawl....."didn't get that either!!" Giggle!

will try to remember ZQ1, but after the party were planning I might not remember :-).

Pies4u, my cockney accent is actually more Kentish with a slight twinge of cockney mate :), I didn't realise you were staying at the same hotel the hotel 1898, or did you mean at Heathrow? what seat you in on the plane and I will say hello.

Mudhen we have got some American friends who understand us, although there's the normal cock up (oops) over certain words and phases, pants was a good one, but the one that got the waiters going was asking for cheese and biscuits a standard phase over here and I'm was certain that it would be understood. Well 10 minutes later someone a little higher up came to the table and asked if I wanted cheese and biscuits, this went on for what seem like an hour with various people attending our table, I learnt that cheese and biscuits are known as cheese and crackers, to me that is truly crackers 😀. Also have you filled in your butler request form for your little extras?

If any one fancy a get together then let's us know and we try to get there, I don't know the ship so if anyone interested I will leave it to them to suggest time etc.

Thank you for the heads up on the "butler form" (OMG!) I just did it, although it may not work as they ask for it to be done a week before. I'm hoping we can get some strawberries for the champers and Grey Goose as a vodka choice. We can certainly manage to choke down almost anything, but it would be special to have our favorite!

will try to remember ZQ1, but after the party were planning I might not remember :-).

Pies4u, my cockney accent is actually more Kentish with a slight twinge of cockney mate :), I didn't realise you were staying at the same hotel the hotel 1898, or did you mean at Heathrow? what seat you in on the plane and I will say hello.

Mudhen we have got some American friends who understand us, although there's the normal cock up (oops) over certain words and phases, pants was a good one, but the one that got the waiters going was asking for cheese and biscuits a standard phase over here and I'm was certain that it would be understood. Well 10 minutes later someone a little higher up came to the table and asked if I wanted cheese and biscuits, this went on for what seem like an hour with various people attending our table, I learnt that cheese and biscuits are known as cheese and crackers, to me that is truly crackers 😀. Also have you filled in your butler request form for your little extras?

If any one fancy a get together then let's us know and we try to get there, I don't know the ship so if anyone interested I will leave it to them to suggest time etc.

H'row - Sofitel. We are a couple of rows behind you on the plane! I think, 8A & C.

We are stuck in that Rey Juan Carlos in Barca, bit of a pain tbh.

CK: Since The Boss and I will also be in 1112 on 6 Sep, I would love to see some pics of it if at all possible. Also, don't have too many wild parties in there! :D

Z and TB

Hi there squeeze,

Is your trip on Sept 6 Istanbul to Istanbul. I hope it is as we will be in 830. I have only found one other on cc on this trip.

Hi there squeeze,

Is your trip on Sept 6 Istanbul to Istanbul. I hope it is as we will be in 830. I have only found one other on cc on this trip.

Yeap. Great to finally hear from someone else who will be on the same cruise. I even started a threat here in CC at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2193634 with no responses but with 12 admirers so far. Really looking forward to this cruise especially since we were originally scheduled for the Navigator's San Francisco to Vancouver cruise on 1 May until Regent offering us this cruise as an alternate. We live in south Florida in the Miami suburbs. The Boss is a nurse and I'm retired military currently working for the government as a consultant.

Z and TB

Yeap. Great to finally hear from someone else who will be on the same cruise. I even started a threat here in CC at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2193634 with no responses but with 12 admirers so far. Really looking forward to this cruise especially since we were originally scheduled for the Navigator's San Francisco to Vancouver cruise on 1 May until Regent offering us this cruise as an alternate. We live in south Florida in the Miami suburbs. The Boss is a nurse and I'm retired military currently working for the government as a consultant.

Z and TB

Sorry Squeeze change of plan. Due to minor problem we have moved our departure date to 16th September Istanbul to Jerusalem and back to Istanbul. Now we are both back to square one. If there Is anyone sailing Mariner 6th Sept or 16th Sept please let us know. . Regards Z

Aloha Mudhen,

We had a butler for the first time last year, and we did not really think we would know why or how to use him. However, I will have to say having the Butler bring breakfast was brilliant in that we let him know that we prefer to eat early, so we received our breakfast at the very beginning of the range indicated every time we ate in the room. This was very helpful on excursion days as we pretty much knew exactly when we would be served.

Also, I mentioned to the Butler that we really love Indian food. He was from northern India, and he told us that we should allow him to arrange having a nice Indian meal served in our room. So one night after a long excursion day, we were served several Curries, nan and rice; it was great.

Also, one night my wife decided that she had simply eaten too much and could not face another night in the dining room, So I called and ordered a very small, simple room service dinner, And our butler had it to my door within about 10 minutes of having made the call. I was absolutely amazed that he got the food up to us so quickly.

So for us, the Butler made in-room dining just that little bit better, and it did have a positive effect on our cruise, especially the early morning breakfasts, leaving plenty of time to shower and to have that one last cup of coffee before meeting for the excursions!

Enjoy your cruise.

Aloha from Hanalei,

Mark

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

We will be on Mariner Sept 6 Istanbul-Istanbul and making last minute decision on a Penthouse suite. Any noise problems from above from either pool deck above (for Deck 10) or Observations Lounge (for Deck 11)?

Many thanks!