Pier 27 in San Francisco question ?

AuntMimi

While many people hoped for and expected vast improvements with the new facility it really hasn't worked out that way other than helping with the traffic.

I don't know what I would change about it.

We were impressed with the facility this month. Very nice restrooms centrally located and designated seating areas for general, pse as well as an area for those needing assitance.

Our porter on embarkation could not have been any nicer, on disembarkation we carried our luggage due to an early flight and we were at SFO by 910 and through security.

Mike:)

We were impressed with the facility this month. Very nice restrooms centrally located and designated seating areas for general, pse as well as an area for those needing assitance.

Our porter on embarkation could not have been any nicer, on disembarkation we carried our luggage due to an early flight and we were at SFO by 910 and through security.

I would change the way people end up standing in a long line outside in the blazing sun. We really didn't expect that. Fortunately the line moved fairly quickly.

I would change the way people end up standing in a long line outside in the blazing sun. We really didn't expect that. Fortunately the line moved fairly quickly.

I guess that would depend on your arrival time as well.

We had to wait outside August 10 due to our early arrival (1030); but it was very pleasant and we only had to wait about 20 min.

We're Platinum and love the new terminal. A roped off area with coffee and juice. No traffic problems either.

I look forward to trying that out as we will be Embarking on our first cruise as Platinum members next month. [emoji57]

There was plenty of chairs on August 10 and we were first to board.

I'm happy for you. We seem to get to the pier about 11:40, and all three times have had trouble finding a seat in either the elite or handicapped areas. I am going to beat the system. I have a new walker with a seat, so we'll only need a place for DH.:D

The terminal was built as a multi use building. It is not only a terminal. The second floor was designed as one large area where counters and chairs can be moved around. I guess it was not practical to have a separate room.

I agree. I thought the new facility worked extremely well. We arrived at noon and there was plenty of seating available and no lines outside, so I think arrival time definitely has something to do with it. But as far as the inner workings of the terminal, it was excellent.

I'm not absolutely sure there is a place, at ground level, for people to get out from the weather should there be inclement weather. There is only minimal covered area outside for those who arrive early and must wait outside before the doors open. I would highly recommend that if/when "Bruce Lee" (2015 El Nino) arrives this winter, that all cruisers consider arriving later than what they have been doing in the past. Be sure to fly in a day before, as well.

We arrived about 10:30-10:45 on August 10. Porter was very nice. Walked right in with no line. In 1st group to board about noon. Luggage arrived at room before 1:00. Both DH and I received coupon books for Alaskan ports in terminal.

Edited by mocha9

I'm happy for you. We seem to get to the pier about 11:40, and all three times have had trouble finding a seat in either the elite or handicapped areas. I am going to beat the system. I have a new walker with a seat, so we'll only need a place for DH.:D

I sure enjoy having my rollater walker; assuming I have to have a walker anyway. Yes the seat on that style does come in handy.

I also love the new pier. Far less traffic stalled on the Embarcadero then when it was at pier 35. That is because you can drive right onto the pier for dropping off passengers. Also inside it was well organized and clean. I have gotten their at 11:40 and was on board by noon. Huge improvement.