Liberty and Saint Kitts

k9_Cop

My mom just talk to someone at Carnival. They said that they just secured a tugboat to help dock in St. Kitts. They also said that there would be an email going out about this in the next couple of days. So, more information to muddy the waters.

https://scontent-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11042298_10106462208698844_3514249098763897757_n.jpg?oh=f1be8b382514962f5674472476da826f&oe=55E10EE0

I read that starting May 1st, St Kitts will have tug abilities and Carnival will be going to that port.

Yupper. I called Carnival tonight and this is what I was told. I cruise the Liberty on May 3rd and we will be the first cruise headed into St Kitts with the help of the tug boats they arraigned.

We are in Puerto Rico getting ready to get on the Liberty tomorrow, and received an email from Carnival saying that due to a bow thruster bring down and working being done at the port area Saint Kitts will be skipped. Luckily we won't be hitting up Dominica, we are going to Antigua.

Pretty sure we lucked out on that deal.

All 3 islands are beautiful but my favorite of the 3 would be St. Kitts, Dominica would be second.

Thanks! I hate that for the Liberty cruisers. Hope y'all get an even better port!!

Hmm.. 16 May by chance. Headed to Kitts (19 may) on Sunshine beginning 16 may. If by chance it is same cruise then HELLO, if not, enjoy your cruise.

Hi everyone,

We reached out to Carnival to find out more about when Carnival Liberty will be able to return to St. Kitts and received this notice:

"Through the tremendous efforts of our partners in St. Kitts, sufficient tugboat support has now been sourced that should allow Carnival Liberty to proceed with future scheduled calls at St. Kitts while we continue to work on the ship’s thruster issue. Beginning with the call of May 1, we expect future visits to St. Kitts to proceed as normal. We would like to extend our utmost appreciation to the government, the port authority and local partners in St. Kitts for their support during these last several weeks."

Guys, a few minutes ago John Heald posted on his FB page this:

"Carnival Liberty will call at St. Kitts this upcoming cruise as scheduled....... I know many of you were asking"

So yes... On May 1st, Liberty will be pulling into St. Kitts since they secured tugboat services (which until now, they lacked) to help it dock.

Guys, a few minutes ago John Heald posted on his FB page this:

"Carnival Liberty will call at St. Kitts this upcoming cruise as scheduled....... I know many of you were asking"

So yes... On May 1st, Liberty will be pulling into St. Kitts since they secured tugboat services (which until now, they lacked) to help it dock.

I love your tickers! But are you a time traveler or should that be a future cruise? ;)

Hopefully all of this will be resolved by July. I have family members in our group that were born on St. Kitts, and are looking forward to seeing family members when we dock there.:eek:

John never fails!!!

Edited by sjcruiser

I love your tickers! But are you a time traveler or should that be a future cruise? ;)

SSShhhh...nobody has to know my secret!! LOL BTW... Sept. 20th?? More than likely I will be on that same sailing! Good thing is I live 25 minutes from the pier at Old San Juan...sorry, had to brag!!:D

SSShhhh...nobody has to know my secret!! LOL BTW... Sept. 20th?? More than likely I will be on that same sailing! Good thing is I live 25 minutes from the pier at Old San Juan...sorry, had to brag!!:D

You should join our roll call then!!! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2123572

We're actually flying in on the 16th and Staying at a condo in Luquillo until the cruise. Then we're staying in Isla verde for a couple days after the cruise.

Maybe you could make some suggestions... we're planning on doing the Bio bay in Fajardo and the Icacos snorkeling tour before the cruise...and we'll probably go up to El Yunque one of those days too. We'll definitely be heading to the kioskos in Luquillo! :) There's also a bridge up in the rain forest where locals hang out swimming in a river...we're going to try to find that again.

I'm trying to convince my wife that we should do a whole island road trip one of the days too... looks like it would take about 6 hours driving time but we could stop an hour here and there...

(I'm also trying to convince my wife that we should move to PR in 5-10 years. :) but she's worried about the economy there...and lack of jobs)

all the small Islands are pretty much the same.

I lived in the USVI (St Croix) for 12 years, and then got rock fever. So I took 2 cruises to see other Islands that I might want to live on. These cruises were separated by 2 weeks so I had one week to see Puerto Rico,and one week to see the Dominican Republic. All the small Islands had beautiful beaches with snorkeling, scuba diving, and the like. But of all the Islands I saw, I decided to move to the Dominican Republic. It was by far, the most diverse in things to do (beautiful beaches but also white water rafting on rivers in the mountains among other things). I have now lived here for 13 years. However there are no cruise ships that stop here.

In November, I plan to take my Dominican wife on her first cruise. I hate flying, so we will have to take the overnight ferry from Santa Domingo to San Juan where we will catch our cruise, hopefully on the Liberty with its water slide. I do not know the exact date of the cruise since much will depend on getting a US multi-entry tourist Visa for my wife. Lots and lots of red tape.:(

So I am back, and yes we went to Antigua. Great island no complaints. If I could suggest one place to go, it would be Valley Church beach. 2 bars, a restaurant and absolutely crystal clear water.

Here is the email response I received today (May 5th) from Carnival Customer Service about a question i sent last week on St. Kitts. Note I removed my name and the signers name for privacy. Looks like St. Kitts is hit or miss???

Hello name removed,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

When guests are booked through travel agencies we send any information such as itinerary changes to the agency with a list of booking numbers that they have booked that are affected by the change. It is then up to the travel agency to contact the guests concerning these changes.

St. Kitts has been replaced by a call in Antigua. The thrusters are used only to move the ship from side to side in port and without them it is necessary to use a tug boat in port. Unfortunately there is not sufficient tugboat service in St. Kitts.

Thank you for choosing Carnival.

Sincerely,

name removed

Carnival Cruise Lines

We got off a B2B on the Liberty on Sunday. The first week we went to Antigua. During that week, we talked to many people about what was going to happen the following week as we were trying plan. The week of April 19th, they stated that they were working on getting tug boat service to get them into St. Kitts. A few days before the end of that week, we were notified that they were able to secure tug boat service for all future sailings and they would resume St. Kitts as a port of call.

Oh, come on!!! I know that fixing the thrusters is not like changing a tire. But this is going on annoying. People go to great lengths some times to plan out their cruise vacation only to have their plans changed, sometimes with no notice. This isn't a weather-safety issue. This is navigating with a ship with a problem. Most cruisers don't read CC so they don't know what's going on until last minute. I'm sure the government, shops and tour operators in St. Kitts are thrilled with Carnival right now. (One's loss is another's gain. Right Dominica/Antigua?)