Question About Aft Penthouse Suite on Breakaway

tel2

Hi Everyone

We are booked into a Haven Aft penthouse suite for a cruise next year. My 74 year old recently widowed, active, healthy SIL may go with us. She is a fun-loving, late to bed, early to rise type person. While we considered upgrading to a Haven 2 bedroom, which we have had before on other ships, we do not want to give up the ginormous balcony we have on the 9th deck. And if she gets a studio, she will not be able to enjoy the Haven perks with us. So, the current plan is for her to be booked into the suite with us, which with the F&F sail free, is by far the least expensive option for her as well.

My question is, has anyone had a 3rd adult sleep on the living room pull out bed. Was it comfortable? Can you navigate around the bed when it is pulled out to get to the balcony door or do you have to climb over the bed? (We know we could move to 11 and have a second door to the balcony from our bedroom, but again, we would rather not give up the giant balcony on 9) Also, we know there is a small second bathroom in the aft penthouse suites, but does it include a shower, or is it just a powder room with a toilet and sink? I found lots of photos/ videos of aft cabins on other floors, but I know the configurations are different on different decks, and those I found for 9th deck didnt have complete photos of the second bathroom. I know it is small, but is it large enough that she would be able to dress in there so she has some semblance of privacy?

Bottom line question - does this plan make sense, or will it be unbearably crowded and leave her without any privacy at all? Thanks.

My question is, has anyone had a 3rd adult sleep on the living room pull out bed. Was it comfortable?

I've slept on it. It was very comfortable.

Can you navigate around the bed when it is pulled out to get to the balcony door or do you have to climb over the bed?

The sofa-bed can be opened as a single (roughly twin-sized) or fully opened as a double (roughly queen-sized). If fully opened, it is a tight squeeze but a person can still walk by.

Also, we know there is a small second bathroom in the aft penthouse suites, but does it include a shower, or is it just a powder room with a toilet and sink?

It has a shower, sink, and toilet.

I know it is small, but is it large enough that she would be able to dress in there so she has some semblance of privacy?

Tough to say. How large is she?

Bottom line question - does this plan make sense, or will it be unbearably crowded and leave her without any privacy at all? Thanks.

There is a door between the living room/small bathroom half and the master bedroom/master bathroom half. Just close the door when people are dressing.

Tough to say. How large is she?

That is not an issue -- she is about 3 sizes smaller than the size I've always aspired to but never quite gotten to. Super tiny person, like a size four. She doesnt need alot of room. I feel like a whale next to her. LOL. Also, very nice to know the living room bed can be made up as a single and will then take up less space. I am sure she would be perfectly fine with that. Thanks!

Terry

Men and women get dressed differently (usually) so I can't comment on how she would do in the small bathroom. I had no problem as a 6'/178lb male.

And she is a 5'2" 110 lb female, so I am sure it will be fine. Thanks.