Decisions, Decisions, Decisions,

Honeybear

My daughter and I just returned from our first cruise. Okay, now we are hooked! We went on the SENSATION, and it was wonderful!

My DH and I are planning on going in Feb. (his first cruise) and I'm trying to decide which would be the best one for us.

We want to leave out of Tampa for 7 days, and we prefer Carnival but only because we know nothing about the other lines. My question is, we don't drink and we are in out late 50's. We love to laugh and have a good time but are more low keyed or laid back.

If you experienced cruisers would give me some advice I'd sure appreciate it. I need to get this guy hooked too!

The Miracle leaves out of Tampa starting in November. I am booked for February- There is a group cruise going on the Miracle in February which has awesome pricing.

serene56@aol.com

Also- want to be careful if you dont want to cruise with a lot of kids do not book for the week of February 20th as that is presidents week and lot s of families cruise that week

Holland America's Veendam will be sailing from Tampa in February, as will Royal Caribbean's Splendor of the Seas. It's easy to fall in love with your first cruise. But I'd suggest trying one of these lines instead of Carnival. You'll never know if you'll like them better if you don't try them.

I'd also go with a recommendation for Holland America. Not as many kids, and a more laid-back atmosphere! Best food of any cruise line I've been on, too. The Veendam is a nice-sized ship, and is very easy to navigate. I'm also your age, and it's my favorite line.

Archived