Review of our day in Raitea Taha.a

Minoushka

Greetings

We were booked with Bruno Fabre but ended up going with his colleague George ...Erics cousin of Eric Taranui Morou excursions .Wow what a great day .Swam with sharks, sting rays ,circled this enchantinpg island with the most gorgeous crystal clear turquoise waters .We stopped at a Motu for a wonderful lunch where my request for broiled fish was respected .yummy huge .mahi mahi grilled to perfection .Gorgeous lunch in breathtaking surroundings .under palm trees facing this incredible lagoon ....awesome

We headed to vanilla farm and pearl farm ...I would skip both as both are extremely expensive and we wwre not greeted as I felt we should at Pearl farm ,Time better spent in water of Motu belonging to Eric and George ...a little piece of heaven .

The highlight was the drift snorkel ...words cannot describe it ...beyond gorgeous ..like being in an underwater movie ..the current picks you up on what I called the Taha.a choochoo express .George warns you ...you cannot stop you must be ready to go ...this current stops for no one ...off we went ,I followed a fellow filming it all ...cannot wait to get a copy ...coral and fish were absolutely gorgeous ...such colour ..wow ...wow ...wow ..it is a unique experience ...we lucked out with perfect conditions ....my best souvenir of French Polynesia ..beyond belief gorgeous ...do not miss this especially if you are a diver or snorkeler or just love colourful fish and coral ...best snorkeling I have ever done ...and I have snorkeled the Caribbean mediteranean and Red Sea ...this place beats it all ...wow ...wow ...wow ..a feast for the eyes

I highly recommend Eric and his guys ...one of them carried my shoes for me while I did the snorkeling with my fins

Be advised you will need those to walk to the entrance of the choochoo ...George guided us and we went in single file ..you defintely need fins ..so bring your own plus a mask and snorkel ...mine broke but guys on ship fixed it ..thank you Levi i of Oceania Marina

We had an amazing day ...so glad I went with George instead

Email him for reservation teranuieric@hotmail.fr.......tell him Michele from Montreal says hello

You will love this day ..it was wonderful Eric was super nice as were all his family ...loved it

You mentioned that we needed to bring our own fins. Do they not provide them? I have all the rest of my snorkel gear but was not planning on bringing any fins, will this be a problem for independent tours?

We will be coming in April, can't wait!

You mentioned that we needed to bring our own fins. Do they not provide them? I have all the rest of my snorkel gear but was not planning on bringing any fins, will this be a problem for independent tours?

We will be coming in April, can't wait!

Most operators do not furnish fins. We purchased the shorter, travel size fins which work just fine. Used them on two wonderful trips to the South Pacific and a couple of other snorkeling spots. You'll be glad you have them. Bought them at a dive shop near our home. Wish we were going with you again....

I have US divers fins ...the long ones ...wonderful ...get good fins ....sometimes currents are very strong so fins do help .also you will need water shoes ...My last ones came from Celebrity Reflection during a sale ....a must everywhere as there is coral everywhete

You will love snorkeling here

Also bring Bug spray ...I used skin so soft,deep woods off and the stuff the ship gave ...this Chikunyunga mosquito thing is everywhere ..these nasties are small and bite during the day ..i met many people affected by this ...big pains in legs and fever ....be prepared ..get this stuff

I also know certain Vitamin B wards them off if you take it 6 weeks before ...apparently mosquitoes hate the smell of the skin after

Also rubbing dryer sheets all over keeps them away ..they do not like the smell ...good

I tried all ...So far it worked ....however did get stung by wasp ...major ouch

Go you will love snorkeling here

OK, guess I need to buy fins! More luggage, yay! ha ha I do have the shoes already. I was really hoping the operators would have fins, too bad.

Thanks for all the tips on bug spray. I am going to take it very seriously, the news is not good on the epidemic.

• 3 weeks later...

Dick's Sporting Goods has the shorty (swimmer's) fins for about $40. You may need to get them online rather than in the store.

We took our own snorkel stuff - shorty fins, masks, snorkels, snorkel vests (DH, not a strong swimmer, wore his, but I never used mine) all in one side of a carryon rollie suitcase.

• 2 weeks later...
Greetings

We were booked with Bruno Fabre but ended up going with his colleague George ...Erics cousin of Eric Taranui Morou excursions .Wow what a great day .Swam with sharks, sting rays ,circled this enchantinpg island with the most gorgeous crystal clear turquoise waters .We stopped at a Motu for a wonderful lunch where my request for broiled fish was respected .yummy huge .mahi mahi grilled to perfection .Gorgeous lunch in breathtaking surroundings .under palm trees facing this incredible lagoon ....awesome

We headed to vanilla farm and pearl farm ...I would skip both as both are extremely expensive and we wwre not greeted as I felt we should at Pearl farm ,Time better spent in water of Motu belonging to Eric and George ...a little piece of heaven .

The highlight was the drift snorkel ...words cannot describe it ...beyond gorgeous ..like being in an underwater movie ..the current picks you up on what I called the Taha.a choochoo express .George warns you ...you cannot stop you must be ready to go ...this current stops for no one ...off we went ,I followed a fellow filming it all ...cannot wait to get a copy ...coral and fish were absolutely gorgeous ...such colour ..wow ...wow ...wow ..it is a unique experience ...we lucked out with perfect conditions ....my best souvenir of French Polynesia ..beyond belief gorgeous ...do not miss this especially if you are a diver or snorkeler or just love colourful fish and coral ...best snorkeling I have ever done ...and I have snorkeled the Caribbean mediteranean and Red Sea ...this place beats it all ...wow ...wow ...wow ..a feast for the eyes

I highly recommend Eric and his guys ...one of them carried my shoes for me while I did the snorkeling with my fins

Be advised you will need those to walk to the entrance of the choochoo ...George guided us and we went in single file ..you defintely need fins ..so bring your own plus a mask and snorkel ...mine broke but guys on ship fixed it ..thank you Levi i of Oceania Marina

We had an amazing day ...so glad I went with George instead

Email him for reservation teranuieric@hotmail.fr.......tell him Michele from Montreal says hello

You will love this day ..it was wonderful Eric was super nice as were all his family ...loved it

Michele the email you gave is getting kicked back. Do you have a better way to contact them?

Michele the email you gave is getting kicked back. Do you have a better way to contact them?

This is the only address I have for him

Teranuieric@hotmail.com

Im not sure why it does not work

Look for him on trip advisor perhaps ...i did write to him with no response but my email did not come back

You could ask Bruno for Erics email but I doubt he would give it ..they are competitors .but i did not like Bruno ...very money hungry

He is at la pension les trois cascades ..bruno Fabre