Mini-suites gone?!

sweetalyssum

Was just getting ready to book a land/sea deal to Alaska with Princess. Now I find all of the mini-suites (must sleep 4) are gone, even though the trip is a year away! We've been offered a Premier Balcony. We all want to stay together because we only see each other once a year, and we can't change the date. Thoughts?

Was just getting ready to book a land/sea deal to Alaska with Princess. Now I find all of the mini-suites (must sleep 4) are gone, even though the trip is a year away! We've been offered a Premier Balcony. We all want to stay together because we only see each other once a year, and we can't change the date. Thoughts?

Take the balcony. You'll be even closer when this trip is over. :)

How about 2 adjoining balconies? Leave the door open between you and it's practically one room - plus you get 2 bathrooms.

Great idea, except it's a bit too pricey, as DH and I must pay for all 4 of us. We wanted a bit more space, while also being together. Is there such a thing as a waiting list?

Assuming that you are 4 adults traveling together you really might want to reconsider a single room (whether a mini or a balcony cabin) because you will only have one bathroom and it is a small bathroom in the minisuite - but it has a tub - and a tiny bathroom in a balcony cabin with a petite shower. That would make a trip unbearable for me :D. If two balconies next to each other is too expensive, check out a balcony with an inside cabin across the hall. If you're paying for the trip, obviously you get the balcony cabin!

Colo Cruiser - great minds think alike!

Edited by capriccio

Assuming that you are 4 adults traveling together you really might want to reconsider a single room (whether a mini or a balcony cabin) because you will only have one bathroom and it is a small bathroom in the minisuite - but it has a tub - and a tiny bathroom in a balcony cabin with a petite shower. That would make a trip unbearable for me :D. If two balconies next to each other is too expensive, check out a balcony with an inside cabin across the hall. If you're paying for the trip, obviously you get the balcony cabin!

Colo Cruiser - great minds think alike!

This is really good advice. I've seen mini-suites with four adults in them; it's not a pretty picture.

Hi, I think there is a wait list. I phoned Princess Cruises last week to ask for an upgrade to a suit, I was told they are all booked out but I could go on a wait list if i wanted to. I declined as its only 5 weeks to our cruise.

We've actually all four stayed in a balcony stateroom in Hawaii. The only annoying thing was the sofa bed stayed out as a bed the entire trip. Though we are four adults, three are men, which makes it a bit easier, I think. Two are our young adult sons who are both still single. One lives over 8,000 miles away, and we've always been a very close family. I guess without the mini-suite, we'll be even closer. :)

ETA Glad to hear there may be a waiting list. I plan to call tomorrow. Thanks!

Edited by sweetalyssum

Keep checking for rooms to open up. Since you are so far out on this cruise, there is bound to be a cancellation or two. I would take the balcony but not give up hope for the mini-suite :)

Edited by PurpleRose23
typo

Which ship and tour? I just checked most sailings for July and August cruise tours and found lots of availability. It may be that just the four pax cabins were gone, but do look at your bottom line prices.

Depending on the specific ship, date and tour, you will not be spending more (and will perhaps spend less) by purchasing an inside and a balcony vs. one minisuite. The pricing for 3rd /4th minis is within a few dollars of the 1st/2nd insides. And the balconies are a few dollars less than the minis. Given the same price, I would go for the two rooms, extra bath over the "extra" room in the mini every time.