Noise canceling headphone recommendations other than Bose

Alaskanb

Able Planet headphones arrived today -- model XNC230G. Tested noise canceling on a room size air cleaner at full power -- amazing reduction in the buzz! Will try them out on a flight in May and report back then.

My cost was $37 on Amazon vs $99 at Brookstone. Lowest $ on Amazon at the moment is $49.

Able Planet headphones arrived today -- model XNC230G. Tested noise canceling on a room size air cleaner at full power -- amazing reduction in the buzz! Will try them out on a flight in May and report back then.

My cost was $37 on Amazon vs $99 at Brookstone. Lowest $ on Amazon at the moment is $49.

Great deal - enjoy

I like my JVC's that I've used going to Italy and England. Blocked out the airplane noise quite well. I had some Sharp that were fantastic but out of manufacturing and my son had destroyed them. Later he let me use his Bose and I didn't like them at all. I agree with the others, if possible make a trek to a larger city if possible or perhaps some friends might have a pair you can try. I tried mine on a Brandsmart where it was really loud between TVs, stereos and customers.

Good luck and don't forget extra batteries because inevitably the button gets left on. By me quite often.:o

I like my JVC's that I've used going to Italy and England. Blocked out the airplane noise quite well. I had some Sharp that were fantastic but out of manufacturing and my son had destroyed them. Later he let me use his Bose and I didn't like them at all. I agree with the others, if possible make a trek to a larger city if possible or perhaps some friends might have a pair you can try. I tried mine on a Brandsmart where it was really loud between TVs, stereos and customers.

Good luck and don't forget extra batteries because inevitably the button gets left on. By me quite often.:o

Me too.:o

• 3 years later...

The Logitech 6000 is a good headset and represents a very good alternative to more expensive models like Bose or Beats Studio for example. The audio performance is more than correct, and the comfort is also good even if it could be improved at the level of the arch. Not much to say about the look that is superb, but we regret that the noise reducer is not so effective. Anyway, if you are looking for a good thick circum-aural headphone with active noise reduction, this is a great choice, especially at this price! Though this one is proposed to 199 € tariff builder, but on sale on Amazon for about 100 €, a bargain.

Find more at http://headphonecode.com/logitech-ue-6000-review/