Msc Sinfonia

Johnchene

This is my original thread: Good morning shipmates, my wife and I are sailing on the Sinfonia on 24th June from Venice. The ports of call look excellent (Split, Dubrovnik included) but I have read some very mixed reviews of MSC. I fully appreciate that this is a very keenly priced deal so we are in the mood to be pleasantly surprised but I wonder if anybody could give some practical tips to help us with things like the embarkation process in Venice - is it easy or baffling, the dining experience - all straightforward ?

I believe you have to book to see the shows - is this easy or does it all get booked up really quickly.. in other words any little pointers to direct us in a positive direction. Thank you in advance

Embarkation is pretty straightforward in Venice. I've only ever had priority boarding at this port so can't advise as to how long the process takes.

Sinfonia is a ship from MSC smallest, Lirica class fleet so doesn't have as many entertainment venues as other class ships.

Booking seats for the shows is easy. The screens are located near the Customer Services desk and the reps there will be happy to assist if you have any problems. The most popular shows get booked pretty quickly. Try to get to the theatre early, too. There is a crazy system of extra rows of chairs on wheels which effectively allow for 2 rows of seating in each tier, thereby affecting viewing and enjoyment as you could be looking straight at the head of the person in front of you. You'll see what I mean when you check it out!

Dining assignment will depend on your cabin choice. Fantastica and Aurea Experience bookings have MyChoice dining on Lirica class - you book a time that suits. Information regarding bookings will be advised on the daily planner. Otherwise, you will be assigned a table in the MDR with either early or late seating.

Hope you have a great cruise. We spent 35 nights onboard Sinfonia last year - including the 7 night itinerary you're doing. We thoroughly enjoyed it.