Muse restaurant reservations

hypercafe

All eight restaurants require reservations. It is simple to do on line. Just check out the SS website. I signed in to MY SS and it was easy and quick. You can also call SS with any questions. They are always available and helpful. Happy cruising.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

From the Silversea Facebook page on Monday night they state under the heading...

"We've Got Your Dinner Plans Covered"

"From now on reservations are recommended but not required in La T, Indochine, Atlantide, The Grill and Spaccanapoli "

😊

Here is a copy of the information I just got from Silversea

We look forward to welcoming you aboard our beautiful vessel. To ensure your experience be the best possible and as a recommendation, we’ve prepared a few pointers to clarify our reservation and dress code policies unique to Silver Muse:

• After 6pm in public lounges and restaurants: no open-toe shoes, denim shorts, athletic wear/tennis shoes, t-shirts, midriff tops, or sundresses.
  • First and last evening: all restaurants and indoor lounges are casual attire.
  • As per their intimate settings, the following restaurants require a reservation: Kaiseki,La Dame and Silver Note
  • Formal attire is required to dine at Atlantide and La Dame
  • Informal attire is requested at La Terrazza, Kaiseki, Indochine and Silver Note
  • You may dine in casual attire at Hot Rocks and Spaccanapoli

Respectfully,

Andre Nordseth

Vice President, Hotel Operations

Here is a copy of the information I just got from Silversea

We look forward to welcoming you aboard our beautiful vessel. To ensure your experience be the best possible and as a recommendation, we’ve prepared a few pointers to clarify our reservation and dress code policies unique to Silver Muse:

• After 6pm in public lounges and restaurants: no open-toe shoes, denim shorts, athletic wear/tennis shoes, t-shirts, midriff tops, or sundresses.
  • First and last evening: all restaurants and indoor lounges are casual attire.
  • As per their intimate settings, the following restaurants require a reservation: Kaiseki,La Dame and Silver Note
  • Formal attire is required to dine at Atlantide and La Dame
  • Informal attire is requested at La Terrazza, Kaiseki, Indochine and Silver Note
  • You may dine in casual attire at Hot Rocks and Spaccanapoli

Respectfully,

Andre Nordseth

Vice President, Hotel Operations

We received the same e-mail message yesterday.

I'm more confused than ever now. Are they saying that with the exception of the three restaurants listed in this email one need not reserve months in advance and you are guaranteed seating in all the others without reservations?

Are they saying that with the exception of the three restaurants listed in this email one need not reserve months in advance and you are guaranteed seating in all the others without reservations?
From my perspective, yes.

Now, what I don't know, because we can't book dining reservations yet for our voyage, is whether one could make a reservation at one of the restaurants that don't require a reservation. My assumption is that we will be able too, up and until the point that 60% of the nightly covers are reserved online.

I'm more confused than ever now. Are they saying that with the exception of the three restaurants listed in this email one need not reserve months in advance and you are guaranteed seating in all the others without reservations?

I fail to see the confusion, it clearly says which need reservations, the others do not.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

Departing on the Muse in about 10 weeks and have made reservations in Atlantide, LaDame, Indochine, Hot Rocks and La Terrazza, through the web site with no difficulty.

So, while some venues require reservations all (at least for our upcoming cruise) are accepting them. This does nothing to resolve the issue of wanting or not wanting to plan far in advance. I merely pass on my experience.

Jim

Departing on the Muse in about 10 weeks and have made reservations in Atlantide, LaDame, Indochine, Hot Rocks and La Terrazza, through the web site with no difficulty.

So, while some venues require reservations all (at least for our upcoming cruise) are accepting them. This does nothing to resolve the issue of wanting or not wanting to plan far in advance. I merely pass on my experience.

Jim

Thx for sharing your first hand experience. Enjoy your voyage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regrettably this latest ' Input ' from a SS Executive merely adds to the confusion. I am travelling on The Muse in August and have reluctantly made Reservations for all the Restaurants in accordance with the original instructions. Whilst I understand that specific Issues will be adapted following ' Experience ' this whole Dining episode seems to have been a complete mess from the start and SS have done themselves no favours in this regard. Now for another Exec to wade in with more confusing Information shows a lack of Corporate Strategy at the very least. By the way I have not received any E Mail !!!!!!

Now that it seems that the very specific Dress Codes are also being ignored leads me to wonder who is in charge ? - Very disappointing.

I am on the Muse at the moment. It is a stunning ship with beautiful decor and many light and airy spaces. It certainly has the wow factor. So far we have eaten in La Terrazza and Atlantide. We booked the first 6 nights a week previous to embarkation through our TA. We have had no trouble getting other bookings for the rest of the voyage. Some passengers are upset with having to book in advance and are very vocal but it is already clear that you can change your bookings at the last moment. The Hotel Director is kept busy placating passengers who don't like the new system. With 8 restaurants and none big enough to take all passengers a booking system has to be in place. There are some issues with staff not quite up to the mark yet but they are trying hard. The food has definitely gone up a notch on that found on the other ships in recent years. The meal in Atlantide last night was excellent. The venue is stunning. It's Notes tonight so will report on that.

Jane

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your Muse dining experience and impression of the Muse--very helpful.

We know some folks/cruisers (SS cruise critics) do not link change and the Muse dining concept is uniquely different from the traditional (Main Dining room open seating on most Lux cruise ships) dining model on Lux ships.

Trying new concepts (e.g. Iphone, Amazon Echo, Tesla Auto Pilot) for many people work; for those who like the status quo these new ides (Muse dining w/reservations required in some venues) may disappoint those cruisers who do not like change. As we observe the Muse experience over time--we are seeing Silversea adjust their dining Muse dining experience to better serve their guests.

Kudos to the Silversea Team for trying a new approach to dining--time and experience (SS cruise critics who cruise on the Muse and report back (like Jane above) vs offer an opinion w/o trying the muse) will tell us if this concept is a good one.

A few years ago, Forbes Magazine published a nice story on trying something new (Starting is Scary), and highlighted a quote by Wayne Gretzky (Hockey Great/Hall of famer):

'You Miss 100% Of The Shots You Don't Take.' You Need To Start Shooting At Your Goals

https://www.forbes.com/sites/actiontrumpseverything/2014/01/12/you-miss-100-of-the-shots-you-dont-take-so-start-shooting-at-your-goal/#42e20a526a40

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your Muse dining experience and impression of the Muse--very helpful.

We know some folks/cruisers (SS cruise critics) do not link change and the Muse dining concept is uniquely different from the traditional (Main Dining room open seating on most Lux cruise ships) dining model on Lux ships.

Trying new concepts (e.g. Iphone, Amazon Echo, Tesla Auto Pilot) for many people work; for those who like the status quo these new ides (Muse dining w/reservations required in some venues) may disappoint those cruisers who do not like change. As we observe the Muse experience over time--we are seeing Silversea adjust their dining Muse dining experience to better serve their guests.

Kudos to the Silversea Team for trying a new approach to dining--time and experience (SS cruise critics who cruise on the Muse and report back (like Jane above) vs offer an opinion w/o trying the muse) will tell us if this concept is a good one.

A few years ago, Forbes Magazine published a nice story on trying something new (Starting is Scary), and highlighted a quote by Wayne Gretzky (Hockey Great/Hall of famer):

'You Miss 100% Of The Shots You Don't Take.' You Need To Start Shooting At Your Goals

https://www.forbes.com/sites/actiontrumpseverything/2014/01/12/you-miss-100-of-the-shots-you-dont-take-so-start-shooting-at-your-goal/#42e20a526a40

Wes,

I know you are a great SS fan and always welcome any and every positive review posted. There's nothing wrong with that and I know that you will get agreement from those that only wish to see positive stuff about SS on the forum.

However, to characterise those who are critical of the new arrangements as not liking change and sort of stuck in the past, with all due respect, is patronising and simply untrue. Most who are critical were looking forward to and love the increase in the range of cuisines offered were looking forward to it and see that as a plus, but are concerned about the capacity. Also stating that those observing and commenting on the feedback of those who have cruised on Muse and found problems are somehow invalid on an open forum and is therefore somehow less relavent is also wrong. The forum is for anyone to discuss changes as reported and anything they want and is also should be a place for people to decide whether the product is for them based on all views. It isn't just a place for people to sing the praises of SS "come what may".

I agree with your comment "Kudos to the Silversea Team for trying a new approach to dining--time and experience" but they equally they are worthy of criticism for the lack of thought and planning about whether it will work as well as reasonable people should expect it.

Thank you mjnvoyager for posting your On Board experience of The Muse. It is so good to read that you are having a great time and reacting well to the new Ship.

I am sure that those of us who have many hundreds of ' Days ' on Silversea are wishing this new venture every success but that is not to say that we should not be critical of poor communication. I agree with UKJeff that to merely see everything through Rose Coloured Glasses is unhelpful and a balanced discussion often results in constructive Feedback to Silversea Management.

Lets hope that these Administrative Issues quickly settle and we can relish the new approach being introduced on The Muse.

Mayflower...Hope you enjoy your cruise on SS new ship,The Muse,and we look forward to a reliable report from you so that we don't have to guess what it's like from reading all the critical stuff from people who haven't been near the Muse.We love the SS small ships and are venturing upsize on theSpirit for a couple of months next spring but encouraged by recent reports from people who have sailed on the Spirit and not just heard about it! Best wishes and have a great cruise.

I fail to see the confusion, it clearly says which need reservations, the others do not.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

I'm confused because this proclamation contradicts everything SS has put out re: reservations before.

And Wes, I happen to love innovation. I'll have you know that just last week I sold my horse and bought a Model T.

I am on the Muse at the moment. It is a stunning ship with beautiful decor and many light and airy spaces. It certainly has the wow factor. So far we have eaten in La Terrazza and Atlantide. We booked the first 6 nights a week previous to embarkation through our TA. We have had no trouble getting other bookings for the rest of the voyage. Some passengers are upset with having to book in advance and are very vocal but it is already clear that you can change your bookings at the last moment. The Hotel Director is kept busy placating passengers who don't like the new system. With 8 restaurants and none big enough to take all passengers a booking system has to be in place. There are some issues with staff not quite up to the mark yet but they are trying hard. The food has definitely gone up a notch on tfound on the other ships in recent years. The meal in Atlantide last night was excellent.venue is stunning. It's Notes tonight so will report on that.

Jane

Glad you're having a good time... as expected.

It's been suggested that silversea deliberately lose restaurant reservations and the only way to get a table is to bribe the matte D. Have you witnessed any such activity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my perspective, yes.

Now, what I don't know, because we can't book dining reservations yet for our voyage, is whether one could make a reservation at one of the restaurants that don't require a reservation. My assumption is that we will be able too, up and until the point that 60% of the nightly covers are reserved online.

You are correct. You can book any of the restaurants in advance. Unsurprisingly none of mine are showing full with just 3 weeks to go. So much for having to book six months in advance. I'm aware of a party of 16 being accommodated in la terrazza straight from the bar. It's not all doom and gloom.

Good Morning Brimary - Thank you for your good wishes for our forthcoming Muse Adventure - You may be assured that I will provide a concise ' Personal ' view on my return. Prior to that we are returning to The Wind for a Norway Trip ( hoping to achieve a better standard than last Year !!! - recent Reports seem very good ).

It is pleasing to hear that you are venturing to The Spirit - it only shows that long standing Venetians are prepared to experiment !!!!! ( sometimes it takes us a little longer than others !!! ). Have Fun and we look forward to your own ' Reliable ' Report.

Edited by Mayflower1
Words left out.

Les, we have not witnessed any bribery or done it! Last night was Note. Food was exceptional and the singer acceptable. Enjoyed it but one visit will be enough. Love this ship.

Jane

Thanks for the onboard update and good to hear what you've said. I would have been surprised had it been otherwise.

To date, which have you tried?

La Terrazza has always been my favourite and always been more frequented than any other, though I think Atlantide and indochine are the ones I'm most looking forward to trying. Reservations have been made :)

I'm not intending to go to La Dame, Kaiseki or Spaccanapoli (at least not in the evening)