Bonnie: Re-February 19 Sydney boarding message and passengers w/Opera tickets

newcruisermom

Hi Bonnie,We just received the message that February 19 Journey passengers "should check-in before 4:30 PM. Guests wishing to go ashore to explore Sydney will only be allowed to return to go ashore after 6:15 PM."

I have 6:00 PM performance tickets at the Opera House. Before I pursue a refund on the concert tickets, are there any options? Thanks. I realize it's a local regulation, not an Azamara one.

Mary

Hmmm, I will have to inquire for you.

I'd hate for you to miss a performance at the Opera House.

Perhaps this rule is to assure everyone attends the Safety Drill? Since the ship doesn't depart until the next day, I'd think there would be a make-up Safety Drill for anyone who missed the first.

First just drop your bags and do nit get on ship. I have done that and have done the make up drill. The make up drill could be at 9 but for many guests will be out and about bet there a 3D drill at some point . I would just go and enjoy the night.if docked in White Bay you will need taxis.

Hi Robin. Thanks for your reply...I like your suggestion about dropping off the bags at White Bay Terminal. I hope Azamara will confirm that we can do so. (We are flying into Sydney that morning, so I had originally planned to get on the ship around 2:00 PM and regroup before going out for the evening. Of course, that would be my first choice.)

I have read many of your Azamara posts over the past few years. I appreciate your insights. This will be our 6th Azamara cruise, but we learn new things each time!

Mary

The immigrations authorities in Australia do seem to have a rule for cruise lines that once you board, you cannot disembark until after their officers have disembarked for the day, and after our guests have attended the mandatory Security Drill. The ship personnel tell me this will be ~6:15pm.

The work-around option for you to attend the Opera that afternoon, as ellbon suggests above, is to drop your luggage at the ship and not board/check-in until after the performance that evening.

The next day you will be required to clear immigration as well as attend the make-up Safety Drill.