How to get from Monte Carlo to Nice

mariamva2

Hello all,

We are scheduled to cruise with Seabourn from Barcelona to Monte Carlo next week. We will be staying in Monte Carlo for one night after the cruise. We need to get from Monte Carlo to the Nice airport the next day. We priced the transfer with Seabourn (they call it own hotel transfer) which takes us from the ship to our hotel in Monte Carlo (Columbus - Monte Carlo) May 16th and then a pick-up at our hotel the next day - May 17th - take us to the Nice airport. It was $430 for both of us. Doesn't seem too bad considering it's a private transfer and it's through Seabourn (we have Seabourn air) so it will be more reliable.

But.....I'm checking to get feedback if there are any other cheaper options. I wouldn't know where to even begin to think of other options.

Thank you in advance for your advice. :)

unless it is a very fancy car , the price is even for the area rather high

it is a lot easier to do Nice airport - monte carlo what is by taxi around 100 € maximum , in Monaco there are not so many taxi's and those of Nice are - strictly seen - not allowed to take pax in Monte Carlo.

Last year i did use http://www.mydriver.com * - originally a german company that expanded business in the entire europa since early 2016

i think for some 150 € you are able to find a very decent private transfer

* the company is giving airmiles to star alliance as well

as i must arrange transfers in another country as well

i verified your question : middle of may

monaco - nice airport

ranging from 106 € to 158.38 € for a "luxury car" or 115 for a van. :D

Thank you so much! This is exactly the information I was looking for. This Mydriver.com looks good. They are reliable and recommended, right? Was there any problems connecting? Because I will not be using my phone while in Europe.

i never had problems so far , however they do ask for a phone and an email address - so far never a pre payment

always done after the transfer

last year i was on an overbooked flight to Hamburg and i had to pay my booked transfer , but i did receive ample compensation from the airline. - so my mistake

only once there was a delay of 10 minutes .

because you will stay in a hotel - they will know the address

unless you want a sightseeing to Nice , ask the driver to avoid the " moyenne corniche" because that is going through quite some villages and the small bay of Villefranche is beautiful ( the mega ships dock there )

We did and probably more than normal.Our driver was fabulous.The street to the cruise pier was closed due to a event.He was able to speak to the policeman and dropped us off right in front of the ship.Others were walking from a couple of blocks away.

Normal might be anywhere from 10 to 20%.

The best transfer IMO - but not inexpensive is by helicopter, beautiful scenery and about 8 minutes in the air. But for car services I recommend BlackLane, we used them when we disembarked a little over a week ago. Driver was waiting for us at the appointed time, car was clean, had water and hand towels and was 75 Euros including the tip.

Thank you. Yes, now the $400 fee seems high. LOL. Drivers.com offer the highest class, S class Mercedes at $250, so that is a significant cost savings. Blacklane was higher ($474) for the two trips.

Not too important about the Mercedes but would like a nice/higher end car. Friends in France didn't have a good site to customize the trip. It just gave standard rates from the Nice hotel to certain parts of France and Italy. Maybe they have contact information that I could ask them directly.

I recommend sending an email to the concierge at your hotel to see what they can offer you. Will you be there during the Grand Prix? If so, give yourself extra time to get to the airport which is normally less than 30 minutes.

Another tip, if the transfer from the ship to the hotel offers a bottle of water, take it with you to the hotel. Those little bottles of water will cost you 6€ at some of the hotels in MC (SBM group). The transfer to the hotel will be only 5-10 minutes.

The best transfer IMO - but not inexpensive is by helicopter, beautiful scenery and about 8 minutes in the air.

Agree. They pick you up at hotel, it is a great (short) flight along the cost and cost is Euro 266 (or 50 Euro more if your prefer a private car vs shuttle bus pick-up). For details see

http://www.heliairmonaco.com/

Not too important about the Mercedes but would like a nice/higher end car. Friends in France didn't have a good site to customize the trip. It just gave standard rates from the Nice hotel to certain parts of France and Italy. Maybe they have contact information that I could ask them directly.

I believe we emailed them and worked out the details.

I recommend sending an email to the concierge at your hotel to see what they can offer you. Will you be there during the Grand Prix? If so, give yourself extra time to get to the airport which is normally less than 30 minutes.

Another tip, if the transfer from the ship to the hotel offers a bottle of water, take it with you to the hotel. Those little bottles of water will cost you 6€ at some of the hotels in MC (SBM group). The transfer to the hotel will be only 5-10 minutes.

Thank you for this information!!! It is helpful. We will take some water bottles off the ship. And I do think the day we need to leave for the airport it the Grand Prix. :( I sent the hotel an email asking about transportation but so far drivers.com seems to be what we will most likely go with. Friends in France does not do the transfer from the cruise port to the hotel. THANKS EVERYONE!!! :)