Embark san juan 830 pm

theduck57

I've read somewhere in those posts that the Muster is around 4.30-5PM, and if you don't make it, you'll have to do it Monday morning instead....

OP is asking specifically about embarkation in San Juan, PR. All ships leave from San Juan Later than "other ports" so final boarding will be later than 5pm. Like another poster said, you usually have to be checked in 90 minutes prior to sail away.

I'd doubt you can do the muster any other day besides when you are required to do it. If you miss it, more than likely you're either authorized my the cruise line to be at your room or your not on the ship itself and you missed the ship altogether.

OP is asking specifically about embarkation in San Juan, PR. All ships leave from San Juan Later than "other ports" so final boarding will be later than 5pm. Like another poster said, you usually have to be checked in 90 minutes prior to sail away.

I'd doubt you can do the muster any other day besides when you are required to do it. If you miss it, more than likely you're either authorized my the cruise line to be at your room or your not on the ship itself and you missed the ship altogether.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious for me.

As u can see from my signature, I'm due to sail out of SJ in March. I'm fully aware of the sail away time, to be precise for Jewel of the Seas is Sunday at 8.30PM.

While doing my "home work" on RC forums for this sailing, I found out --

1. That muster drill is around 5PM.

2. That if you miss this one, you're required to do it the morning (Monday at 10AM) after the sail away (which means missing at least part of any excursions or activities you have planned).

YMMV.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious for me.

As u can see from my signature, I'm due to sail out of SJ in March. I'm fully aware of the sail away time, to be precise for Jewel of the Seas is Sunday at 8.30PM.

While doing my "home work" on RC forums for this sailing, I found out --

2. That if you miss this one, you're required to do it the morning (Monday at 10AM) after the sail away (which means missing at least part of any excursions or activities you have planned).

YMMV.

I stand corrected....

We just sailed on Jewel last week from SJ. Departure was Sunday at 8:30 pm, muster was 8:00 pm. Where have you seen 5:00?

We sail on the Adventure of the Seas in June out of PR. I read somewhere that there are two muster drills. They "hope" all passengers are aboard in time for the 5:45 muster, but there is a later muster drill (7:00?) for those that missed the first one as all aboard is past 5:45.

We sail on the Adventure of the Seas in June out of PR. I read somewhere that there are two muster drills. They "hope" all passengers are aboard in time for the 5:45 muster, but there is a later muster drill (7:00?) for those that missed the first one as all aboard is past 5:45.

I don't know about Adventure, but on Jewel this past week, the only muster was at 8:00 pm, before our 8:30 sailaway.

We just sailed on Jewel last week from SJ. Departure was Sunday at 8:30 pm, muster was 8:00 pm. Where have you seen 5:00?

As I said, by reading different posts in the last year. I'm copy/pasting 2 below, one for Adventure and the one, relevant for me, for Jewel.

Thanks for updating me:).

Quote:

Originally Posted by leaveitallbehind View Post

It's been several years since we've departed from San Juan and I don't recall what time Muster is conducted on Adventure with an 8:30 PM departure. We're on her in March and if anyone knows the drill time I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Last time we were on Adventure, the muster was around 5pm. They pushed back early dinner to 6:30pm that evening. There was another, much smaller muster later for those who boarded after the early muster.

January 12th, 2016, 04:50 PM sr4mjc Location: Tampa, FL Posts: 1,379

It was 5pm on the Jewel with the same departure time.

A recent Compass posted agrees with you. If I remember, I'll update tomorrow. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The OP is on the Jewel. Muster was 8:00 for all last week.

I'm on tapatalk and can't see sigs. I had previously responded directly to LostAgain who seemed to have a question of his own and I said I'd follow up. And I did so.

Should also mention that dinner was delayed. Not sure if it was planned or just announced afterwards; people were talking so loudly outside the dining room the announcement couldnt be heard.

Edited by mollyeilis

I'm on tapatalk and can't see sigs. I had previously responded directly to LostAgain who seemed to have a question of his own and I said I'd follow up. And I did so.

Should also mention that dinner was delayed. Not sure if it was planned or just announced afterwards; people were talking so loudly outside the dining room the announcement couldnt be heard.

No worries, I was just pointing out that it seems Adventure and Jewel follow very different schedules on departure evening.

For Jewel last week, it was

6:00 - Main seating in the MDR

8:00 - Muster Drill

8:30 - Late seating in the MDR

We did main seating and just went directly to our muster station after eating. (Schooner Bar -- our first interior muster station on RC -- very nice!)