UK Visa for Jordan, Qatar, Oman Seabourn cruise?

galeforce9

I'm sure we will Henry.

As for drsel's question we took a Princess cruise in the late 90's and after 14 years and a bit of therapy we decided to cruise again but with Seabourn. The rest as they say is history. Totally different experience head to toe and we always comment on what good value our cruise has been. This will be our 8th cruise and look forward to more adventures.

Scott

It is indeed a very different experience. We were a bit cynical on the run up to our first SB cruise, its very easy to write stuff in your promotional material and all the cruise lines do it but in SB's case the reality is exactly what they say in the brochure.

There are a number of adverts doing the rounds on UK TV featuring well known personalities supposedly enjoying idealistic cruises with some of the companies listed previously. You and I both know the reality is very different with anything vaguely resembling that experience requiring pre booking and a hefty additional charge. SB do what they say on the tin.

I remember joking on our first cruise that we should complain because we weren't in the check in terminal long enough to enjoy a glass of champagne and that was sailing out of America, to my mind the worst country for crowd control and security. "The longer it takes the safer you are sir" Even with the highest of loyalty benefits we still get herded around when boarding mainstream lines.

I also still remember being greeted by name as we walked into the Colonnade for our first breakfast. I initially wondered if we'd done something wrong the night before :). It helped that we had our daughter so were easily recognisable.

We have done an extended family cruise with Royal Caribbean since discovering Seabourn and the number of times we just looked at eat other and said it wouldn't happen on Seabourn. Not to be snobby but just things like wandering round aimlessly looking for a poolside chair or standing 3 deep at a bar trying to get a drink.

Even if you choose premium accommodation on a mainstream cruise line the rest of the ship is geared around the lower revenue guests. On SB everyone pays enough so that the whole ship feels special.

I think sometimes we should all be made to take a cruise with the mainstream lines to fully appreciate the Seabourn difference :)

Henry :)

It has never seemed to deter any of them from coming to the UK

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A family of 5 will have to pay the equivalent of £4590 for the 10 year UK visa, (which may or may not be granted)

in order to visit relatives (colonial cousins) in the UK, every other year.

Even if the visa is NOT granted, they will lose £4590.

It has never seemed to deter any of them from coming to the UK

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is a BIG deterrent to the upper middle class of tourists, who prefer to get the Shengen visa (much cheaper) for 26 countries in Europe. Or the 10 year US visa for Rs 10000.

Of course, there are many super rich Indian business tycoons who can easily afford it!