"Final Payment"

Hi all, I am a newbie and I keep hearing about "final payment" time. Is this a certain amount of days before the cruise or is this a set amount of days after the initial reservation? I am looking to book the end of October, but want to know when this date is to see if I can (fingerscrossed!), get a better deal. (Yes, I have seen the threads on RCI not discounting close to sail date). THANKS!

Hi all' date=' I am a newbie and I keep hearing about "final payment" time. Is this a certain amount of days before the cruise or is this a set amount of days after the initial reservation? I am looking to book the end of October, but want to know when this date is to see if I can (fingerscrossed!), get a better deal. (Yes, I have seen the threads on RCI not discounting close to sail date). THANKS![/quote']

Final payment date is either 60 days before the sailing date if the cruise is 5 or fewer nights, or 75 days if the cruise is longer. Holiday cruises are 90 days.

Edited by clarea

Final payment date is either 60 days before the sailing date if the cruise is 5 or fewer nights, or 75 days if the cruise is longer. Holiday cruises are 90 days.

Thank you so much! I'm taking if the price goes down before final payment that they will honor the lowest price?

Thank you so much! I'm taking if the price goes down before final payment that they will honor the lowest price?

Usually. Sometimes a price is for new bookings only. You also would have to contact whoever booked your cruise and request the price drop, it's not automatic.

Edited by clarea

Maybe, if the sale isn't for new bookings only. It's more likely that there will be a price drop after final payment date if the cruise isn't selling well. It sounds like you haven't booked yet. If not, waiting until after final can bring you a lower price.

A couple of caveats, RCI has said they are not going to play last minute price drop game any more. We'll see.

Second, the cabin selection will be limited. You're not going to find prime locations available or even whole catagories may be sold out.

Hi all' date=' I am a newbie and I keep hearing about "final payment" time. Is this a certain amount of days before the cruise or is this a set amount of days after the initial reservation? I am looking to book the end of October, but want to know when this date is to see if I can (fingerscrossed!), get a better deal. (Yes, I have seen the threads on RCI not discounting close to sail date). THANKS![/quote']

I am booked for a 7 day cruise on 24 Oct. Final payment date is 10 August so you don't have much time left for an end of Oct. booking. Prices have not gone down and cabin selection is limited.