Independence Questions

1.Going to be cruising Feb 13th on Independence of the Seas for 5 wonderful nights. One of those nights is Valentines Day. It has been a long time since I have cruises on RCL and I am wondering when I can make specialty dining reservations. I know this night will be popular and I want to make sure we get to have a nice dinner.

2. Which specialty restaurant does everyone recommend.

3. We are going with a huge group, my sister is getting married on Cozumel, and there are going to be a lot of kids. I see that RCL charges for kids club after 10pm. I see that they charge $7per hour. I was wondering if you have more than 1 kid if the price gets cheaper. We have 3 boys and were on NCL Getaway in January and the price per hour was cheaper as you add more kids.

4. There is an area called Vibe on NCL Getaway. This is an adults only area, that sells a certain number of passes for the cruise. We loved this area and loved that there was a small amount of people there. Wondering if there is an area like this on Independence.

Thanks for any help. Excited to plan the cruise and my sister's wedding.

Melinda

... There is an area called Vibe on NCL Getaway. This is an adults only area, that sells a certain number of passes for the cruise. We loved this area and loved that there was a small amount of people there. Wondering if there is an area like this on Independence....

Nothing quite like that on Indy. There is an adult (16+) Solarium, no extra charge and it does get crowded.

1.Going to be cruising Feb 13th on Independence of the Seas for 5 wonderful nights. One of those nights is Valentines Day. It has been a long time since I have cruises on RCL and I am wondering when I can make specialty dining reservations. I know this night will be popular and I want to make sure we get to have a nice dinner.

2. Which specialty restaurant does everyone recommend.

I haven't yet been on the Independence, we sail in October. But I can tell you that there are only two 'specialty' restaurants. Giovani's Table is Italian fare and Chops Grille is a steakhouse. Maybe having a preference for one over the other will help you decide. Keep checking your reservation on the RCI website, log into your My Cruises account and watch the Cruise Planner. This is where you will see dining options when they become available. Just click on Add and you'll be taken to the next page where you'll make your selections.

You'll be given the option to include other passengers, but keep in mind that you must pay for your meal at the time of making this reservation. It's been a while since I used this system, I'm not sure if it will require you to pay for ALL of the linked reservations. If so, just complete your own and also have each of the other cabins reserve their own for that same night / time (and pay). Then as soon as you board, go to that restaurant and let them know you are a large party wishing to dine together. Be prepared with a list of all names & cabin numbers.

Best Wishes to your sister and I hope you all have a wonderful time!

Where is your sister getting married in Cozumel? My Wife and I are planning a vowel renewal for our 25 and are looking for ideas.

Thanks!

JoeRum

Thanks to the wonderful people at CC, we found Mr Sanchos beachfront wedding garden. We also used the wedding planner that is linked to the website for the area. You can also look at CC for vow renewal or wedding and see lots of people who have done it already. Best of luck and congrats on the 25 years.

Thanks to the wonderful people at CC, we found Mr Sanchos beachfront wedding garden. We also used the wedding planner that is linked to the website for the area. You can also look at CC for vow renewal or wedding and see lots of people who have done it already. Best of luck and congrats on the 25 years.

Thank you!! We are so torn on what we want to do. RCCL has packages that are so expensive. We have a great group of cruise friends that will join us and make it a grand time no matter what we do.

JoeRum

If you are booking for a large party, don't even think about doing it on line. It's hard enough doing it for a party of two. Call them direct, explain your situation. They'll connect you to the right person. Have all your names and ressie #'s available.

Best wishes for a great cruise!

Rick and Deirdra