Alcohol

reigle4

This has probably been covered but I cant find it so please excuse my asking, but does Disney allow you to bring alcohol on-board in your carry on luggage? Thank you in advance.

DCL requests that you bring all beverages onboard in your carry on bags, not checked. As to alcohol - the only alcohol allowance is 2 bottles (750ml) of wine or champagne OR 6 beers (12 oz) per guest 21 and over. This allowance may be brought onboard on embarkation and from all ports of call.

Not hard liquor may be brought onboard.

I just returned from sailing on the Wonder last week. I was concerned about the change in the alcohol policy since we have always packed a box of wine and a plastic bottle of vodka in past sailings. So, this cruise we carried on our 4-750ml bottles of wine/champagne and while I did have to take it to be reviewed, the agent didn't even look in the bag I was carrying. I think they were just looking to make sure you weren't trying to bring on too much. I could have easily had something other than wine in the bag without issue. Certainly no shaking the bottle to see if it was liquor.

I also packed a smaller rum runner with vodka and 4 airplane sized bottles of vodka just to minimize it being noticeable and so I wouldn't be out a bunch of booze if they actually confiscated it. We didn't receive the bag in our stateroom that contained these items when the other bags had arrived. At about 7pm we received a call from security that I needed to come get my bag since there was a confiscated item. To my surprise they were only interested in the surge strip I had packed. Its a little large. I've taken it on all previous cruises with no troubles, but they wouldn't let me keep it. So, no mention of the alcohol.

The night before we disembarked I checked with guest services about the confiscated item and they said I would be able to pick it up after going through customs. Just to be sure I double checked the morning of disembarking because we were doing the express exit and I didn't want to get held up. I spoke with the guest services desk again, along with the lost and found desk and two other crew members only to be told by all that I would get it back after I got off the ship.

When we came into the terminal I asked the first Disney person I saw and they weren't very sure, but told me it would be after customs. After customs I saw nothing and asked another Disney person who took me to security. No luck there either. They called someone and I could hear them say that I should have gotten it before I left the ship. I explained what I had been through and they walked me back to the head of the terminal agents. After much time someone appeared with my confiscated item. So, I would say get your item before you get off the ship if at all possible.