Christmas market cruise

chimaer

Hi,

I'm looking at booking an early December christmas market cruise and I was wondering if the christmas decorations will be up that early on board?

Also will it be more likely to be choppy seas in December? I tend to do summer cruises apart from one October one which was in 63mph winds!

Thanks

Hi,

I'm looking at booking an early December christmas market cruise and I was wondering if the christmas decorations will be up that early on board?

Also will it be more likely to be choppy seas in December? I tend to do summer cruises apart from one October one which was in 63mph winds!

Thanks

hi I asked this question last week as I am thinking of booking this cruise too. I got mixed answers as to whether the decorations would be up or not. As it's advertised as a Christmas Market cruise you would think that they would be up so fingers crossed...:-)

We usually cruise in December to get away from the madness in the shops and we have found that the decorations are usually put up sometime during our cruise in preparation for the Christmas cruise that is boarding when we return to Southampton. Last year we we left 9th December for 10 days and they were put up around the middle of the cruise. I will be very surprised if they are already up when we board on 1st December this year but I will be equally surprised if we do not see them before we arrive back in Southampton 13th December though our cruise is not a Christmas Markets cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

I've booked the Oriana Christmas markets cruise and any decorations will be a bonus. As for the sea I've been ill on the calmest looking of seas, it's the swell that gets me! The Ventura cruise the week after was better value but I didn't fancy a day at sea!

I've booked the Oriana Christmas markets cruise and any decorations will be a bonus. As for the sea I've been ill on the calmest looking of seas, it's the swell that gets me! The Ventura cruise the week after was better value but I didn't fancy a day at sea!

Hi Seasickgill I notice you are from Manchester, are you travelling down by car on the Saturday. This cruise us a surprise for my husband and it's killing me keeping it a secret from him. We've not been on oriana before but we've just got off Azura today :-)

Edited by netchells