How good are the hair dryers?

Ginb56

Hi folks. We're newbies on Azura in June. Just wondering how decent the hair dryers are on board please. Are they small, low power ones in a holder like in hotels or more powerful nowadays and can be plugged in anywhere? Am hoping the latter, to save having to take my own...! And do all cabins have the same or is there a mixed bag of hairdryer types on board and pot luck what you get? It's not clear from P&O site and YouTube videos as to what's provided. Thanks for any insight.

Hi folks. We're newbies on Azura in June. Just wondering how decent the hair dryers are on board please. Are they small, low power ones in a holder like in hotels or more powerful nowadays and can be plugged in anywhere? Am hoping the latter, to save having to take my own...! And do all cabins have the same or is there a mixed bag of hairdryer types on board and pot luck what you get? It's not clear from P&O site and YouTube videos as to what's provided. Thanks for any insight.

Hi Ginb56

Sorry can not remember if hairdryer was branded but it was pretty powerful

Had a couple of settings, my daughter sailed Ventura last year and long hair no issues, just need a elastic band to hold the buttons, the one on Azura is plugged in in the cupboard under dresser facing the mirror, so well placed for make up and hair, we have sailed Azura three times and the quality has always been the same, I prefer my own hairdryer when travelling as you never know what's available but the P&O gets the thumbs up.

Just been on Azura - hairdryer was fine and reasonably powerful. It plugged in to a strange kind of 2 pin socket above the dressing table so could use it In front of the mirror. But we were in a Superior de luxe cabin - don't know if it is the same for all cabins or not.

We on the same cruise and in the same type of cabin as Mysticalmother and I liked the hairdryer. It had at least two settings and I could sit in front of the mirror while using it. I also take my own styling appliance and I could use both at the same time. Perfect!

I always take my own. I find them totally useless underpowered. I have thick shoulder length hair and it takes over an hour to dry with the ship dryer. I know because in March my own hair dryer packed up so I used the ships one. That night I went to the shop on board and purchased a GHD one as I just couldn't stand spending that long every night drying my hair.

That's all really helpful advice, thank you! Sounds like the jury is out then on if the cabin dryer is any good or not. I'm guessing going to Norway, I'll end up having frizzy hair anyway with pot luck on mist and drizzle so will maybe risk the cabin dryer. It'll be the natural look!

We on the same cruise and in the same type of cabin as Mysticalmother and I liked the hairdryer. Perfect!

That is such great news.

One has to look at the different replies to understand each person ahs their own requirments.

I have never had an issue, and one needs a lot of plugs for all the different electrical appliances : Ipads, I Phones, and other personal devices which get used a lot and require constant charging as I use mine rather a lot.

If in doubt, bring your own and then you wil be ok.

Tally Ho Darlings.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
go L Y N N