Inner rooms - 4A - H category

beshears

I am still trying to decide upon a room, and it "may" be an interior, but not for sure, mainly because of our budget.

If you have had an inner room, and it was under one of the classifications of a 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E, 4F, 4G, 4H, can you give me what the difference might be, other than the deck/floor, or is that it?

I am still trying to decide upon a room, and it "may" be an interior, but not for sure, mainly because of our budget.

If you have had an inner room, and it was under one of the classifications of a 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E, 4F, 4G, 4H, can you give me what the difference might be, other than the deck/floor, or is that it?

No difference at all. they will almost certainly be identical to each other, just a 'higher' letter as you go up to higher decks.

If you are refereeing to booking a guaranty room then pretty much you get what others didn't want or gave up to move to a higher category. It could be a very desirable interior stateroom or it could be the worst. You have no control when you book a guaranty.

I understand trying to find the most economical way to cruise. Everyone had their own priorities. Location is very important to me. I am willing to cut costs somewhere else to pick my own stateroom. No way do I want to be right under/over a band stand or the nightclub. It isn't worth it to me. We cruise to relax and spend time in our stateroom. Now those things won't bother you if you are a night owl and don't spend time in your room.

Whatever you end up with, enjoy your cruise.

Thank you for your responses.

So if I/TA book one of the 4A - 4H inner rooms, do they determine the "deck" by the way they sell out, or do you know?

Thanks for the other info on the other inner category as well.

I've never heard of booking a '4A - 4H' as a range. You would normally book a specific category.

Using the Breeze as an example:

4A - Deck 1

4B - Deck 1 or 2

4C - Deck 2

4D - Deck 6

4E - Deck 6 or 7

4F - Deck 7 or 8

4G - Deck 8 or 9

4H - Deck 9 or 10

If you are being offered an Inside Guarantee, that would be booking as a category IS, and as someone else mentioned, you can be placed literally anywhere and might not know which cabin until you show up on the port (though you usually know earlier than that).

I've booked guarantee cabins a few times, it's been cheaper than the cheapest 4A cabin, and I've always been very happy with where they put me in the end.

There is a thread of people giving their results from booking a guarantee cabin, and you can look through and see what other people got:

http://forums.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2115887

Though booking 4 cabins of guarantees, I'd imagine the odds are very small that you would be placed immediately near one another.

Duane

Edited by doconner