Where can I purchase soda in Copenhagen

We will be boarding a cruise in June from Copenhagen. We will be staying in town a few days before sailing and would love to know where I can purchase some diet soda before heading over to Ocenquaj to board the ship? Also what I can I expect to pay?

There are 7-11 all through town. I know of one right across from the City Hall by the station and Tivoli. Do you really want to cart the cans and/or bottles? (Now I admit, I'm a fine one to question whether this is worthwhile as I do it all the time especially when circumstances dictate I have to take a Norwegian cruise and thanks to their contempt for their passengers, they serve Pepsi products and not coke products but that's me).

Edited by MATHA531

Consider the fact (at least when I was there a week pre-cruise a few years ago) that sodas and waters -- non-alcoholic and alcoholic have restrictions on the containers -- I think they had to be glass or ??. They also have a bottle deposit that is very steep paid to the store who also have to take the returns back and pay for the returns. I was surprised at the cost of sodas with the bottle deposit. I did return the bottles to the store and got some back. Hope this helps.

If Danish soda bottles are of the same kind as in Sweden you will find 33cl aluminium cans and 50cl plastic PET bottles.

Glass bottles are mainly used for alcoholic beverage and non alcoholic equivalents like beer and wine.

The fee is a recycling fee to encourage people to recycle the used cans/bottles rather then to just throw them away.

The people in Scandinavia are in general very good at recycling/garbage sorting.

Edited by Desdichado62

Thanks for the information on where to buy soda and how costly it would be. I will likely buy it on the ship or find it in one of the ports where there is no deposit etc. as that sounds like way too much work.

Thanks for the information on where to buy soda and how costly it would be. I will likely buy it on the ship or find it in one of the ports where there is no deposit etc. as that sounds like way too much work.

It really is not.

Lets say you want to buy a 50cl soda.

An example (Swedish prices): The price is i.e. 14SEK ( 1,6 USD) for the soda and then additional 1 krona (1bout 12 cents) for the recycling fee/deposit.

I would assume that the prices in Copenhagen are similar.

I think it will be bottles, not cans. Last time I was there I was told that drinks cans are banned for environmental reasons, and all bottles (glass or plastic) have deposits and are re-used or recycled.

We both have glass, can and bottles.

The very steep deposit is 1 krone (is that 0,2 dollars?)

And Yes if you buy at gas stations and 7/Elevens the price will be higher than in supermarkets.

A 0,5 litre Coca Cola should cost around 15-16 kroner but in the supermarkets they often have the big 1,5 or 2 litre bottles on offer for 10-13 kroner.

But then the deposit will be 3 kroner.

We both have glass, can and bottles.

The very steep deposit is 1 krone (is that 0,2 dollars?)

And Yes if you buy at gas stations and 7/Elevens the price will be higher than in supermarkets.

A 0,5 litre Coca Cola should cost around 15-16 kroner but in the supermarkets they often have the big 1,5 or 2 litre bottles on offer for 10-13 kroner.

But then the deposit will be 3 kroner.

1 DKK is about 15 cents; https://finance.yahoo.com/currency-converter/#from=DKK;to=USD;amt=1

• 3 weeks later...

My husband is a BIG soda drinker and as you know it's very expensive there. One note to make is that it will taste different than in the states. We live by Atl and can't remember how many different flavors for the different countries that coke makes etc. I personally didn't like it when we were in Europe in 2008. I don't know if you like any kind of drink mix like instant tea but that's what I packed for my husband yesterday and he'll be a happy camper.

Linda

And you'll have to check the regulations of your ship regarding bringing sodas on board. Some require them to be in cans, not bottles (for obvious reasons) and some limit the number you can bring.

My husband is a BIG soda drinker and as you know it's very expensive there. One note to make is that it will taste different than in the states. We live by Atl and can't remember how many different flavors for the different countries that coke makes etc. I personally didn't like it when we were in Europe in 2008. I don't know if you like any kind of drink mix like instant tea but that's what I packed for my husband yesterday and he'll be a happy camper.

Linda

I almost won't drink most of the diet colas (coke light is the most often available choice) but if can get coke zero that is more consistent in my opinion. Finding Diet Sprite or Sprite Zero is really hard -- so much so can't tell you if it tastes different. I'm diabetic so my drink choices are limited. Oh well the sights are usually worth the no soda options and I limit lemonade and fruit drinks due to sugars and don't drink alcohol. I REALLLLLY wish I liked water!

For years people have tried to tell mevthat coke light and diet coke were simply different names for the same drink

Nonsense. Thy taste completely ifferently. OTOH. Coke zero tastes pretty much the samevwherever it iscsold.

I almost won't drink most of the diet colas (coke light is the most often available choice) but if can get coke zero that is more consistent in my opinion. Finding Diet Sprite or Sprite Zero is really hard -- so much so can't tell you if it tastes different. I'm diabetic so my drink choices are limited. Oh well the sights are usually worth the no soda options and I limit lemonade and fruit drinks due to sugars and don't drink alcohol. I REALLLLLY wish I liked water!

Try taking along some of those little Crystal Light drink tubes and you can put them in water bottles to make lemonade, tea or assorted other sugar free options. They are easy to pack and great to cover up the taste if local water is not to your liking or if you get tired of plain water while out and about.

I like sprite zero also. By chance do you like crystal light? You could bring some of the packets.