Celebrity Equinox versus MSC Seaside - Caribbean cruise April 2018

Jules&Ted

We are cruising on the Celebrity Equinox on the Jazzfest cruise in late April but prior to, we have the option of an 8 night cruise aboard Celebrity Equinox in the same cabin (Concierge C2 hump cabin). However, we are worried we might be bored spending a total of 19 nights aboard the Equinox. A day earlier, the MSC Seaside leaves on a similar route with one extra sea day but with only 7 nights. The cabin would be an Aurea Suite and I have done a spreadsheet with pros and cons for both cruises and the difference is only $6 including the extra accommodation we would need in Miami. This also includes upgrading to the next drink package on the Seaside.

The Seaside is a brand new ship but much larger capacity than the Equinox. Also, I will be spending my 60th birthday on board so want this to be a memorable experience and not a so-so experience.

Any advice would be appreciated.

It's really nice to be on a back to back cruise where you will check in one time and stay in the same room the entire time.

The good news is you don't have to run to each and everything on the first cruise knowing you will have time on the second cruise and often there is more then one thing to do at the same time.

If it was me I would go with the back to back.

Good luck with your decision.

Keith