Alternative Dining QM2

MONTICELLO

Verandah is pricy as an alternative to Britannia. $50/person.

The Kings Court alternative nights are better at about $20. Since the remastering it's located in the port side all the way aft in KC.

You didn't ask, but menus: https://ask.cunard.com/help/life-on-board/example_menu

Bring as much wine as you'd like. $20 per bottle corkage if you bring it to a bar or restaurant.

We have recently been on QM2 for various sectors of the World Cruise so had the opportunity to use the alternate dining.

There is a charge of $17.50pp but often on the first night onboard this is reduced to $12.50pp.

There is Bamboo, - Pan Asian and Aztec we did not go to these. Coriander - Indian a really good menu and would go again. La Piazza - Italian also excellent and my favourite Smokehouse - american dining. So good we went twice.

I am gluten intolerant and a menu was sent to our cabin on the day for me to choose items from the menu, so alternatives were presented to me.

We also used the buffet on one night when we just wanted a quiet night and it was also very good, plenty of selections both hot and cold.

We very much like the alternative venues in Kings Court that Adds referenced. Since the re-mastering on QM2, the venues are dressier, although still nothing compared to the Britannia dining room. The menus are interesting, although not spicy enough to suit our tastes (Bamboo & Coriander). Service very good.

• 2 weeks later...

From your other post I assume you will be in a Q5. If so, there is no reason to consider Alt Dining. In the Queens Grill they will prepare whatever you want, as long as it is onboard. YOu just need to tell your butler what you want.