Diamond Princess November - ASIA

Dampier

Hi we are going on the Diamond Princess in Nov from Singapore to Asia and I was wondering if best to take Aussie $ or convert all to USD $

Thanks Dampier ::)

Only 34 days to go wohooooo šŸ“·šŸŽ°šŸš¢

For on board use, or ashore? If ashore, why not have local money?

Ā 

If on board, first I would ask on the Princess board what the on board currency is. Ask here:

Ā 

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197

Ā 

But also know you will spend very little cash on board. Most all purchases will be charged to your room, and then to your credit card.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Hi we are going on the Diamond Princess in Nov from Singapore to Asia and I was wondering if best to take Aussie $ or convert all to USD $

Thanks Dampier ::)

Only 34 days to go wohooooo šŸ“·šŸŽ°šŸš¢

By the way Singapore is in Asia. Depending on which countries you are visiting take their local currency. They don't want A$. One exception is Vietnam where they welcome US$. The Dong is the local currency but most shops will take US. A lot of tourist places will accept US$, but think of it like this. I'm catching a cab in New York and then buying a hot dog, how will they respond when i offer them Thai Baht as payment?

You can change currency before you go or on the ship at Purser's desk and at the AT M

Folio charges for onboard charges will be in Us, only in Aust $ if ship is leaving and returning to Australian ports.

Asia is an exciting destination, leave your pre conceived ideas behind immerse yourself in the countries and culture and enjoy.

We get enough money for whatever country we are going to to get ashore and to a bank then get our cash to spend say its Baht or whatever. Princess uses US currency aboard but you use your ship ID for money so you don't need cash. Check your account each day. WE use Credit Cards and Bank ATM cards. Be sure you get money in a secure place, notify CC company when and where you are going. We loved Diamond but it had just come out of drydock, you may notice a lot of wear. Also, your cabin will always be on the Red or Blue Carpet side of the ship.

Edited by WupperAV