Disney Cruise(Wonder) in the December-First time 2 year old son with allergies

Misskatr5

Hello. Im a disney fan and i live in California. I visit Disneyland very often and i am really excited that my husband booked the Disney Cruise for new years. I have a couple questions regarding the Wonder boat and your overall experience.

Since this is my first time on the Disney cruise line and I started planning already so that i can prepare myself for the trip. Did anyone have any problems with the Disney Cruise line accommodating them with food allergies. I called my ticket agent and there response is that they cant guarantee anything. My son is 2 years old and he is allergic to several foods and the most extreme is Peanuts/Nuts (Tree Nuts). He needs to have an epipen with him all the time. Also, he's allergic to dairy products. So i know what to provide for him but when i called the disney cruise line customer support they told me that they cant guarantee they have lactose free milk for him. Im lost on what to do since he still drinks milk at night. I'm very concern and the customer support line doesnt want to provide me with information. Also, did anyone have any problems bringing packaged snacks for their kids. This is the first time i feel like disney is not accommodating to children.

Cruise background: Been on Royal Carribean and Norwegian.

Hello. Im a disney fan and i live in California. I visit Disneyland very often and i am really excited that my husband booked the Disney Cruise for new years. I have a couple questions regarding the Wonder boat and your overall experience.

Since this is my first time on the Disney cruise line and I started planning already so that i can prepare myself for the trip. Did anyone have any problems with the Disney Cruise line accommodating them with food allergies. I called my ticket agent and there response is that they cant guarantee anything. My son is 2 years old and he is allergic to several foods and the most extreme is Peanuts/Nuts (Tree Nuts). He needs to have an epipen with him all the time. Also, he's allergic to dairy products. So i know what to provide for him but when i called the disney cruise line customer support they told me that they cant guarantee they have lactose free milk for him. Im lost on what to do since he still drinks milk at night. I'm very concern and the customer support line doesnt want to provide me with information. Also, did anyone have any problems bringing packaged snacks for their kids. This is the first time i feel like disney is not accommodating to children.

Cruise background: Been on Royal Carribean and Norwegian.

While they can't "guarantee" it, it's quite likely that they can accomodate you., I suggest you contact the Special Services department (fill out the linked form and send it to them):

http://dcl.wdpromedia.com/media/dcl_v0400/Site/PlanningCenter/Media/SpecialServicesInfoForm-June-1-2015.pdf

My dear friend's children each have multiple allergies and carry epi-pens at all time and there has never been a problem. Shoreside is trained to tell you that they can't guarantee anything. And DCL on board CMs are trained to meet your needs.

They have soy milk on all cruises. It is a good idea to notify them of the allergies in advance because if they get enough notifications, they will put extra supplies on board. If your son needs soy milk at night, your dinner server will be able to supply a covered cup at dinner for you to place in your refrigerator or they might give you a carton that you can keep in your cabin. Tree nuts is a very common allergy that they deal with on every cruise.

Since your son is 2, you will need to supply any food that will be given to him in the nursery (you supply it from elsewhere on the ship unless it is something you bring from home.) OR you can ask that they not feed him and just call you if that is needed. They have a procedure for the epi-pens both in the nursery and in the OC/OL. Again, this is not an uncommon issue. The Dream and Fantasy have a separate "allergy kitchen" where foods are prepared for guests with allergies. On the Magic and Wonder, there is an area, but not totally separate from the main galley areas. The idea is to make everyone super careful about cross contamination.

I would avoid the fast food outlets on the ship. This is frankly the hardest place to deal with allergy and contamination issues. If you choose to eat at the buffet, a head server or chef will walk the line with you to advise you on safety issues. If you choose an item, they will get a serving for you from a fresh bowl in the back--again avoiding any chance of cross contamination.

And no, there is no problem with bringing packaged foods for your child provided they are in the unopened, original packaging.

My dear friend's children each have multiple allergies and carry epi-pens at all time and there has never been a problem. Shoreside is trained to tell you that they can't guarantee anything. And DCL on board CMs are trained to meet your needs.

They have soy milk on all cruises. It is a good idea to notify them of the allergies in advance because if they get enough notifications' date=' they will put extra supplies on board. If your son needs soy milk at night, your dinner server will be able to supply a covered cup at dinner for you to place in your refrigerator or they might give you a carton that you can keep in your cabin. Tree nuts is a very common allergy that they deal with on every cruise.

Since your son is 2, you will need to supply any food that will be given to him in the nursery (you supply it from elsewhere on the ship unless it is something you bring from home.) OR you can ask that they not feed him and just call you if that is needed. They have a procedure for the epi-pens both in the nursery and in the OC/OL. Again, this is not an uncommon issue. The Dream and Fantasy have a separate "allergy kitchen" where foods are prepared for guests with allergies. On the Magic and Wonder, there is an area, but not totally separate from the main galley areas. The idea is to make everyone super careful about cross contamination.

I would avoid the fast food outlets on the ship. This is frankly the hardest place to deal with allergy and contamination issues. If you choose to eat at the buffet, a head server or chef will walk the line with you to advise you on safety issues. If you choose an item, they will get a serving for you from a fresh bowl in the back--again avoiding any chance of cross contamination.

And no, there is no problem with bringing packaged foods for your child provided they are in the unopened, original packaging.[/quote']

Just off Magic. My granddaughter is allergic to peanuts all tree nuts and sesame. Agree with everything Moki's mom said. all servers were very careful to tell s what she could and could not eat. Our server even reminded all of us not to give her tastes of things we were eating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk