Parking in NOLA

Sarcastic Mama

I have heard that parking at this port is awful and of course we are driving. Has anyone used one of the lots that offer cruise parking and transport you to and from the pier? I looked at one, and I can't remember the name, but there didn't seem to be a big difference in price and it seems like this could be easier. Also, I've seen some of the hotels offer cruise and park. Has anyone used this? Looking forward to the trip, but dreading the parking, or more so dreading my husband having to deal with parking.

Having left from this port twice, with a third cruise coming up, I would not say that terminal parking is awful. There is a convenience having the parking and terminal in a combined building. Pay for parking, drive to the first parking level, unload bags to porters, find a spot and then take elevator down to terminal is nice. What I have found on my last cruise, is that Carnival's success cruising from NOLA is creating a shortage of parking at the terminal lot. We got to the lot about 30 minutes before out scheduled boarding (12:00 PM) and had very few choices of parking spots available, all on rooftop. Getting out of the lot and accessing I-10 is pretty easy.

We have driven to NOLA several times and found the parking at the port to be very good. It's expensive at $20 per day, but to us worth it because you don't have to load and unload luggage twice and there is no waiting on a shuttle. It's also covered parking with ample elevator space. Others might have had a different experience, but it worked great for us.

I agree, parking at the terminal is worth every penny. I can not comment on the off site lots because we have parked at the terminal several times and had it worked so well we would never need to try any other option. I have heard people complain about getting a shuttle at the off site places.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We always park in the garage at the port, we love it and it's convenient. We are usually off the ship by 7:30am and out of the garage and onto the interstate by 7:45am. We usually arrive fairly early to the port as well so no wait other than inside the waiting area. Early check in. (fttf)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk