Internet on the Pearl?

sandkps

Does anyone know if the new internet package is available on the Pearl or if it will be available anytime soon?

We just booked our first NCL for next April. Normally we sail Carnival and I guess I just assumed all fleets had similar internet offerings. I have to work from the ship (usually a couple of hours a day) so I would spend a fortune with a minutes package. Any information you could give would be awesome!

Thanks!

I just got off the Pearl last Sunday. They still have the old Internet package. I had not heard anything about changes but your cruise is several months off. Make sure you log off after every use. If not, the clock keeps ticking and you burn up minutes.

One thing I noticed was that we were in an aft balcony cabin and at times I had to open my door and stand in he doorway to get a connection. This mostly happened when I tried using their iconcierge app.

Don

I just got off the Pearl last Sunday. They still have the old Internet package. I had not heard anything about changes but your cruise is several months off. Make sure you log off after every use. If not, the clock keeps ticking and you burn up minutes.

One thing I noticed was that we were in an aft balcony cabin and at times I had to open my door and stand in he doorway to get a connection. This mostly happened when I tried using their iconcierge app.

Don

My husband burned up 120 minutes by not turning it off.

I was on the Pearl last year for 10-days to Alaska. I bought the unlimited internet. It was adequately fast enough for me though I didn't try to use anything like video streaming or Skype. I had a mini suite (#11002 at the starboard front of the ship) and reception was fine though not from the balcony... ( ;p ) Unless they've changed how the system works I had to log off one device (laptop) before being able to logon with another (phone). Logging off doesn't mean turning the thing off either - you've got to go to their web page and logoff there. It took me a couple days to figure this out - my computer was shutdown but when I tried to logon with my phone I'd get a message that my account was already logged on. Otherwise it was good enough for me - I think (I'm not sure) that I paid about $300 for the cruise. ($30 per day) Expensive but I had already spent several thousand for everything else so what was another $300. :)