Norwegian vs. Royal

kruseb4

Help!! Next summer we have decided to spend our 50th Wedding Anniversary

with family (6 adults/5 teenage grandsons) on a Cruise. We have cruised before with them, but this is special!! We have been on Holland (adults) & RCCL w/family! We do not cruise often, but now hubby is retired, this will change. We have decided to splurge....RCCL would be Royal Suite and 2 Owners Suites for family or the Norwegian Breakaway Haven Deluxe Owner's

Suite for us and two 2 Bedroom suites for family! On both lines we are going

to Bermuda. I know what to expect on Royal, but is NCL as good. NCL is giving alot on this...dining, and Drinking pkg. Free Wi-fi etc to Haven guests!

I'm just worried as to the cost that we will not be making a mistake for our

special occasion! Both costs are comparable....Please Help me decide..:confused

You will get a lot of opinions on this ... those loyal to Royal and those who love NCL!! Having never been in the Haven, I can only comment on what I've read and that would be it sounds very nice. I personally am not a NCL fan. But, I've only sailed on the Epic and we really just did not like the ship at all. We also didn't have a good experience with any of the dining. We weren't crazy about the entertainment and it was also Spring Break Week with a particularly wild crowd which made the pool and public areas a little crazy. The Breakaway however sounds like it has some really nice venues and it's a larger and nicer ship than the Epic. Royal on the other hand we've sailed on a lot and really like the line. We most recently sailed the Allure and even though we've always enjoyed the food, we felt this time it was just excellent! We love the entertainment and the service as well. Royal and Owners Suites are pretty nice ... I've only seen them as we always get a JS. Are the itineraries about the same? You said cost is comparable, so I guess unless you get some people who have actually stayed in these cabins on both lines to compare, you may just have to go with your 'gut feeling'!! Sorry I couldn't be more help, but I really think the lines we sail are really just personal choice. In any event ... have a wonderful time whichever you choose and Happy Anniversary! Happy Sailing too! :)

I've travelled extensively with both RCCL and NCL, but never in such deluxe accommodations.....I can tell you that if you're getting the drink and dining package on NCL, that makes the vacation way better than not. Haven guests have a butler, too, but I'm assuming that's true on RCCL. I also enjoy on NCL, and perhaps all new ships/lines, the varied top shelf entertainment, so that even if you aren't going to see a Broadway show, you can go to the Jazz club and hear an Emmy winner on harmonica. Enjoy!

Edited by mrobstad

Don't know the specific ships you're looking at but I would pick NCL hands down. They really do suites right and with Haven you really have a lot of privacy and a peaceful place to spend time with your family. If you're drinkers I think you'll love having the included package.

Guest maddycat

You mentioned NCL Breakaway. Since the cruise will be next summer, I'm assuming that it would be RCI's Anthem of the Seas that you are considering. We sailed on the Quantum of the Seas, Anthem's sister ship and loved it. What a beautiful, innovative ship.

However, something else to consider. I believe that the Breakaway does 7 night Bermuda cruises while the Anthem does 5 night Bermuda cruises. As far as I'm concerned, 7 nights wins.

Oh, as someone else mentioned, NCL provides butlers for suite guests. RCI doesn't have butlers.

I thank you all for responding to my lengthy dilemma! I think we will jump Lines and try NCL.....My mind was pretty set but my neighbor just returned from Bermuda on RCCL and said his driver who took him around Bermuda says they

HATE NCL in Bermuda....couldn't tell us why though!! Neighbor and his wife were

on NCL the year they changed to free-style dining and he hated it..AND they ran

out of food, and he waited in line yada yada yada......I think, by now, I should

consider the source....if he gets one lousy Baked Potato his whole cruise is ruined!!

Last year he was never going on another cruise again as he hated the food on

Princess.....and here he is cruising!!!! You all are more informed and not as

biased....Love the one comment that we should put Family on one and we on the

other....That sounds Great....but not enough money for that....I'll probably have

more questions before next year....You all r great!

:):):o