Best stores for Tequila in Cozumel?

JawjaFatBoy

I'm looking for some stores near the cruise port (walking distance since we will have a toddler with us) that have a good selection of non import or hard to find tequilas. We were in Cozumel in 2011, but I didn't look very hard for these. I do remember the lady in the duty free shop showed me a couple that she said were not available in the US and I passed.:( This trip I plan to correct that.

So, tequila aficionados, please help me out! What are some "must have" brands or varieties that I can find in Cozumel that I either can't get here in the states or are very uncommon? And where are the best places to look for them?

Thanks in advance!

I'm looking for some stores near the cruise port (walking distance since we will have a toddler with us) that have a good selection of non import or hard to find tequilas. We were in Cozumel in 2011, but I didn't look very hard for these. I do remember the lady in the duty free shop showed me a couple that she said were not available in the US and I passed.:( This trip I plan to correct that.

So, tequila aficionados, please help me out! What are some "must have" brands or varieties that I can find in Cozumel that I either can't get here in the states or are very uncommon? And where are the best places to look for them?

Thanks in advance!

No need to go south to get great Tequila - try a bottle of El Tessoro Reposado. Easy to find in most major cities in the US and it won't break the bank.

No need to go south to get great Tequila - try a bottle of El Tessoro Reposado. Easy to find in most major cities in the US and it won't break the bank.

I will have to give that one a try. I do want to find some non imported varieties as well, though, for unique gifts and my personal bar.

Go to the MEGA.

They'll fix you up.

I do want to check out the Mega. We saw it last time and just passed it by. Not this time!

After a bit of research I've found these brands I plan to look for:

Don Tacho

Herradurra Antiguo

Los Abuelos

Llano Grande

There are a couple of others, but I can't recall the names right off. Does anyone have any experience with these? Any other recommendations?