Star Breeze cabin television sets

PepperJ

The set might have an HDMI input but will the remote in the cabin let you switch the input source to use it? Also note that when a cruise company or a hotel chain buys a mass order of TV sets those TV's are stripped down as far as possible to lower price. That TV set in the cabin might have all the normal input jacks but not the electronics inside to make them functional. An exception would be if the ship was actually using the HDMI input (not likely) to send video to the set. Were that the case you could unplug the ships HDMI input cable and plug in yours. Make sure you plug everything back to the way you found it for the next guest.

Thanks Diane and Magnum! With Apple TV and the unlimited data plan, there may be a chance of playing movies and TV shows from my ITunes account. Bandwidth and speed will be the next challenge!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is exactly the kind of question I would have about a cruise. We were on the Star Breeze in March.

There is a flat screen tv, dvd player, and Bose speaker with audio out cable (for those of us non-Apple folks). The black cable hanging down from the tv is our own for hooking up our digital cameras:

IMG_2699a.jpg

Here is the back of the tv:

IMG_2955a.jpg

There is an HDMI output on the left side:

IMG_2958a.jpg

In this photo you can zoom in and see the remote buttons if that is helpful. The remote on the left goes to the dvd player, and you can see my Sansa Clip plugged into the speaker. We never did figure out what the rotary dials on the wall are for. Perhaps they were for the in-room speaker for announcements:

IMG_2700a.jpg

• Like 1

Please stand and take a bow for a great informational post (with pictures no less!). While you didn't mention it I will assume that the TV remote allowed access to the sets input menu?

Edited by Magnum60

::taking a bow::

We were able to change the TV's video source to see our photos, so I would assume you can do that with the extra HDMI port as well. The tv is on a swivel mount so you can access the back really easily. This was the most tech-friendly set-up I have seen on a cruise ship so far (though we haven't been on any of the brand new ones).

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
This is exactly the kind of question I would have about a cruise. We were on the Star Breeze in March.

There is a flat screen tv, dvd player, and Bose speaker with audio out cable (for those of us non-Apple folks). The black cable hanging down from the tv is our own for hooking up our digital cameras:

IMG_2699a.jpg

Here is the back of the tv:

IMG_2955a.jpg

There is an HDMI output on the left side:

IMG_2958a.jpg

In this photo you can zoom in and see the remote buttons if that is helpful. The remote on the left goes to the dvd player, and you can see my Sansa Clip plugged into the speaker. We never did figure out what the rotary dials on the wall are for. Perhaps they were for the in-room speaker for announcements:

IMG_2700a.jpg

Wow, I am impressed :)