Ensenada: Options for a family with 2 young children

JES11583

Not really a beach nearby.

Could go to the Bufadora, 45 minutes away. It's cheaper to go thru the shuttle company than thru the ship.

There is a jungle gym on the Malecon, near the Big Flag (or pole). The fish market can be interesting.

All the restaurants bring in potable water.

We like Hacienda Del Charro- with the chickens rotisserie-ing in the window, good chicken, homemade tortillas, avoid the soggy French fries. ~$8US/plate.

Taquiero Lindo (between Papas and Beer and Hussongs). $1.50/US tacos. A few stores up from Taquiero Lindo is Michoacana, a Mexican Popsicle place. $1/US

Mexican sanitation is different than US sanitation. Nothing except 'natural stuff' goes into toilets. Everything else goes into the trash. It all flows to the ocean.

The sidewalks to town are well paved with cut-outs (not to US standards). Of of Ave Lopez the sidewalks can have open, unused, utility boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi there. We will be going to Ensenada in October and will have our 8 and 3 year old with us. Suggestions? Is there a nice beach near by?

Thank you, kindly, in advance. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello! There is a beach within a quick cab ride away, it's clean, fun for looking at seashells. Playa Hermosa. I usually use a private tour guide. On Facebook if you look up Ensenada Tour Guide, David is the guy I use and he's a great guide. We went for fish tacos and churros afterward.

Thank you!! So it's decent water to swim in as well for the kids ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am not sure where you are from, but the water isn't all that warm compared to other locations as the current flows out of the north. This year, however, the water is really warm.

Of course swimming in the ocean requires care from waves and rip tides.

There's a reason many surfers wear wetsuits. The Pacific is cold from the currents coming down from Alaska.

The first thing we learn at the beach is to never turn your back on the surf. Every so often a large wave rolls in.

Edited by SadieN