On-Board Bookings and Upgrades

Big_G

We did an on-board booking back in October for a March 2018 Silhouette in an S2. I just noticed that the S1's are about $50 total cheaper. Has anyone ever upgraded a Celebrity on-board booking and if so, did you lose anything. Right now I have a $250 on-board booking OBC and an additional $300 OBC. All other perks are equal. Would I lose the $250 OBC by upgrading? Thanks in advance.

Normally in order to upgrade the new cabin must currently cost more than the

Cabin you have reserved. We have upgraded, moved cabins & changed an on board booking to a different cruise entirely and did not lose our OBC for booking on-board.

I would call and see what they say; nothing ventured, nothing gained.

We did an on-board booking back in October for a March 2018 Silhouette in an S2. I just noticed that the S1's are about $50 total cheaper. Has anyone ever upgraded a Celebrity on-board booking and if so, did you lose anything. Right now I have a $250 on-board booking OBC and an additional $300 OBC. All other perks are equal. Would I lose the $250 OBC by upgrading? Thanks in advance.

You are well before final payment so should have no problem upgrading at the current lower rate and perks - and keep your onboard booking bonus.

Mike

Normally in order to upgrade the new cabin must currently cost more than the

Cabin you have reserved. We have upgraded, moved cabins & changed an on board booking to a different cruise entirely and did not lose our OBC for booking on-board.

I would call and see what they say; nothing ventured, nothing gained.

You are well before final payment so should have no problem upgrading at the current lower rate and perks - and keep your onboard booking bonus.

Mike

Called today and kept my OBC, the Go Best perks, and an upgrade to S1 at a significant discount to the original booking. Thanks to both of you.

We are in the middle of this same situation. We have an onboard booking for an OV with the Go Better package and $175 extra OBC. Unfortunately we booked at a significant discount so our rate is not combinable with the current specials. I have spent the last two days doing the math to figure out if the higher upfront price for a Concierge Guarantee is balanced out by some new higher perks. We would have to actually cancel, pay the TA cancellation fee (don't judge I knew this when I signed up and their price was worth it) and rebook.

My personal vacation-math says Concierge Guarantee comes out net total $265 more than the bargain basement OV. Comes down to how much will we use that balcony.:rolleyes:

We are in the middle of this same situation. We have an onboard booking for an OV with the Go Better package and $175 extra OBC. Unfortunately we booked at a significant discount so our rate is not combinable with the current specials. I have spent the last two days doing the math to figure out if the higher upfront price for a Concierge Guarantee is balanced out by some new higher perks. We would have to actually cancel, pay the TA cancellation fee (don't judge I knew this when I signed up and their price was worth it) and rebook.

My personal vacation-math says Concierge Guarantee comes out net total $265 more than the bargain basement OV. Comes down to how much will we use that balcony.:rolleyes:

Only you can decide that. For me, I enjoy having a balcony even when we don't go outside. The floor to ceiling windows across the whole back wall makes the room feel bigger and brighter to me.

You need to do what is comfortable for you - just another perspective....

Enjoy your cruise whatever you decide.

Mike