Why are AMA Europe's Rivers and Castle dates discounted?

Scarlette

This has been a very soft year for European travel because of the various terrorism episodes. In addition, the last few years have shown Mother Nature at her most mercurial when it comes to river water levels, what with hundred year floods (on the Danube), river-draining droughts (again on the Danube, but also the Elbe and elsewhere), and this spring high water on the Douro (which had been spared up until now). I'm glad I'm not in the river cruise business, but it's a good time to be a customer [as long as you get "any reason" insurance!].

At least AMA's track record through all of this has been at the top of the heap: their ships can sail in high- and low-water situations where many others stop, and their customer service really does focus on providing service to the customer.

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

When are you planning to cruise? If you can be flexible with dates, it's possible to find some great prices. In July 2015 we found a tremendous deal we couldn't pass up on the Paris to Normandy cruise in September 2015 with Avalon. Other lines had similar sales. I have noticed that there are some great deals out there this year, especially for France. I assume events in Paris and Belgium have had an impact.