Silly question about room service for deluxe balcony stateroom...

RHONDA L

Tuna sandwich and hot dog. Both good. I would avoid the lasagne. Every time I have ordered the soup, it arrives not hot enough. See, all this talk of food is making me even more anxious for my cruise in two weeks. :D

Lucky you to be sailing in only two weeks....over 4 months for me.

Thanks for your insights because we rarely order room service except to pay the $3 delivery charge for a couple of 12" pizzas.

Nevada19...pizza is another room service option & my experience is that we can get either a cheese, pepperoni or Prego's pizza of the day options.

Edited by Astro Flyer

This will be our 10th cruise, and we have always followed the example of others on our deck, of leaving the tray with dishes outside our door. There must be a protocol for the right way to do this. Please help.

Is room service available on Embarkation day? or just hit and miss?

I have always had problems getting them to answer the phone after boarding.

It usually just rings and rings until very late in the afternoon.

I think they are all dealing with turnaround duties in the morning and afternoon.

They are available in the evening.

Princess said that there is 24hr room service. Then I read that there is an additional charge for using it ($45.00 for breakfast).

Can so some please explain this for us? This is our first trip and my Mom and I keep coming up with questions. We have found several answers on here, and we both thank you all so much for all of your assistance.

I think the $45 is the price for the "Ultimate balcony" breakfast. The items available on the standard room service menu were pretty lame. I'd hope there's better selection for the suites. We found Celebrity to have a very good menu, with a choice for extra cost items(which we ordered)Cunard's was a little better than Princess, but when we did the Grills, it was an excellent menu. You could also order course by course the items from the Grills menu for dinner.

This will be our 10th cruise, and we have always followed the example of others on our deck, of leaving the tray with dishes outside our door. There must be a protocol for the right way to do this. Please help.

We always left them in the room, rather neatly put on the small table. Watching pax trip over dishes left outside their room made us leave them in the room. We'd always let our cabin attendant know when we had room service, so as to make it a little easier for him.

The only hot cooked item on the free room service breakfast menu is an Egg, Bacon & Cheese Breakfast Muffin sandwich.

We found Princess to be really lame when it came to the breakfast menu. Celebrity was excellent offering several extra cost items. Scrambled eggs with a bit of caviar was a fun way to start the day. Sorry, not the pricey caviar, mind you, but still good.

Yes, that's correct. Nice of you to let others know that.

I'll mention this for anyone who's like me & wants the tip to go to the person providing me the service.

We found Princess to be really lame when it came to the breakfast menu. Celebrity was excellent offering several extra cost items. Scrambled eggs with a bit of caviar was a fun way to start the day. Sorry, not the pricey caviar, mind you, but still good.

I've read that some other cruise lines have more room service breakfast items but have read that some Princess passengers write in hot items & sometimes they receive it. I rarely eat much at breakfast & the breakfast sandwich from the IC with a cup of brewed coffee is sufficient for me.

Is that the type of caviar that resembles the fish eggs used to bait a fishing hook??? :p

If you're in a suite, there's an expanded room service menu for breakfast-- basically what is available in the main dining room every day. And you can even order it on debarkation day, when most other options (including the suite breakfast at Sabatini's/Crown Grill) are unavailable.

I'll mention this for anyone who's like me & wants the tip to go to the person providing me the service.

I've read that some other cruise lines have more room service breakfast items but have read that some Princess passengers write in hot items & sometimes they receive it. I rarely eat much at breakfast & the breakfast sandwich from the IC with a cup of brewed coffee is sufficient for me.

Is that the type of caviar that resembles the fish eggs used to bait a fishing hook??? :p

Salmon eggs? In Sushi it's called "Ikura". If it's fresh it's great. If it's not, then Ik part of Ikura applies! We usually do room service if we're in a rush for an early excursion. If the excursion's later we either do the buffet or the MDR.

Please don't place them in the companionway, where they can be a hazard. Just leave them in your cabin and your steward will attend to them or call Room Service to pick up.