Black Level Club Party

jamon

Has anyone been to the Black Club Party that is held for Black level card holders? Was wondering what it is like. Do they serve drinks, canapes, dress code, how long is it, etc. Getting near the level and was wondering. Thanks

Has anyone been to the Black Club Party that is held for Black level card holders? Was wondering what it is like. Do they serve drinks, canapes, dress code, how long is it, etc. Getting near the level and was wondering. Thanks

With the huge increase in Black Card members thanks to as their status match programme. And the overall downgrading of benefits, I would not expect too much of it. I suspect that it will be pretty much the same as the club parties of the past, with a glass or 2 of sparkling wine and very limited canapés.probably will be around an hour.

That's just by guess.

On Divina, in September, it was held in the coffee bar at 11.30am. We were met by a Cruise Consultant, Monique, who we'd spoken to previously at the Welcome Back party. There were very few English-speaking Black Card holders onboard, so myself and DH were the only 2 seated with Monique. We discussed the changes to the loyalty programme. Prosecco and canapès were served. In fact, Monique stayed for at least an hour after everyone else left, such was the great conversation we had with her.

The Black Card party was held in the aft (Black & White) lounge on Divina last week - again, in the morning. It was very well attended, with most of seats taken. Again, Prosecco, a non-alcoholic punch, canapès and nibbles were served. There was an address from the Cruise Director which struck me as meaningless waffle with a plug for the new Meraviglia. The consultants then mingled among the guests. There was a distinct lack of atmosphere. DH and I left without speaking to anyone and felt it was a total waste of our morning! Some dressed up for the occasion and others wore casual. The chocolate ship had been delivered to our cabin earlier that morning and not distributed, as it had been previously, at the gathering.

Edited by Beamafar

I agree with Beamafar. The Black Club party was a total waste of time and no different from the general MSC Club cocktails of past cruises. In the past few years we've gone from the dinner with the captain, to a lunch with staff officers, to this ludicrous attempt to impress the Black members. The "insights" the cruise director gave about the Meraviglia we've seen already on internet. Not a word was said about our loss of discount priviliges, booking, laundry, internet, logo shop, minibar, etc. etc., but at least we now get a chocolate ship and a free dance lesson.