Sprint data/calling options

I'm taking a friend on my Indy cruise over Thanksgiving. I'm an ATT guy and know what I need to know. He has Sprint, and I don't know anything about them.

Do they offer any sort of cruise ship or packages for Caribbean for voice, text and data? (We have 2 sea days and Cozumel, and he needs to check in at least once a day.)

Or should he sign up for the ship's wifi?

Thanks

I'm taking a friend on my Indy cruise over Thanksgiving. I'm an ATT guy and know what I need to know. He has Sprint, and I don't know anything about them.

Do they offer any sort of cruise ship or packages for Caribbean for voice, text and data? (We have 2 sea days and Cozumel, and he needs to check in at least once a day.)

Or should he sign up for the ship's wifi?

Thanks

Found this on their website:

http://support.sprint.com/support/international/roaming/Royal%20-%20Independence%20of%20the%20Seas?deviceId=dvc8890015prd#!/

Be careful with Sprint. We just did the Pacific Northwest cruise starting in Vancouver and Ending in LA. Sprint has a new "free intl" plan so we turned it on. Worked great except I forgot to shut it off when we got back on the ship in Victoria. It was on for just a short time and NO! data was used. However, I got an alert that I was going to have a $60 charge on my bill. So, when we got to our next port I called and got it credited. It was a data charge from the ship, but that was about all the information the C/S rep could give me. I was surprised that they credited my account. Apparently their customer service is getting better. Wish the whole thing had not happened. Good luck.

Thanks Bob -

OK, so basically, Sprint charges the same as ATT on the ship, if you did not have the ATT Cruise Ship package.

So my friend probably needs the ship's internet for the sea days...

Actually, without some sort of package, Sprint charges more than AT&T. Sprint is $2.99 per minute for voice, AT&T is $2.49. Spring charges $0.15 per received text, AT&T charges nothing. They both charge $0.50 per sent text.

Edited by clarea