Freedom of the Seas - Entertainment unavailable

Hi, I will be on RC's Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean sailing next month and with less than 30 days to go before departure I was expecting details of the on-board entertainment to be available. Would you suggest I contact RC about this, or should I just wait a week or so? Many thanks for your advice.

Hi, I will be on RC's Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean sailing next month and with less than 30 days to go before departure I was expecting details of the on-board entertainment to be available. Would you suggest I contact RC about this, or should I just wait a week or so? Many thanks for your advice.

There are no pre-cruise reseravations for entertainment on Freedom.

Thanks Bob, that's really helpful. Do you know whether they will post times of the shows etc? It makes it difficult to plan dinner reservations without knowing this. I'm a first-timer so I may be missing something obvious!

No, you are not missing anything. For whatever reason, Royal does not publish show times, so it makes it difficult for those with My Time Dining to plan their dining time if they also want to see a show.

The shows are timed to be convenient for traditional dining times of 5:30om and 8pm.

You'll get a daily bulletin in your room everyday that will give you the times and locations of everything that's happening on the ship. You can decide from that when to schedule meals if you are on My Time dining. If you are at an assigned table, you'll probably be able to go directly from dinner to the theater for the early show. If you eat late in some instances the you can see the show before dinner. We have been on some crusies where they did the show twice, or had more than one entertainment in the evening so the late dinner crwod could be entertained later at night.

Enjoy your first cruise. You'll be hooked when you get off!!!

Main (early) seating will go to the after-dinner show. Late seating will go to the before dinner show. If you have MTD, pick which show you want to go to, and book a time somewhere around the 2 traditional times....both shows are the same.

There will also be some "late night" shows that start about 10:30...after all dinner service is over.

Edited by cb at sea

Just off the Freedom and we had the late (8:00) seating. All of the

shows for late dining were before we ate...shows were 7:00.

We only saw one show as that does not fit into our relaxed cocktail

hour before dinner...most of the time in Diamond Lounge. Even if we

went to another bar/lounge, I don't like early shows.

Sure wish they would bring back shows after late seating.