TV on Aurora, Deluxe Balcony, attaching devices

Goosebear Mum

Hi

Aurora, Deluxe Balcony, TV connections...

We're going to be a long transatlantic to the Caribbean and back later this year... Last year on a shorter cruise, we didn't think to look at how we could play DVDs or programmes from a hard drive, etc. I can't even remember the TV! I watch little at home, but we may want to do so on the long sea days, esp if one or other if us gets a cold or worse...

Does anyone know how we can attach a portable device to watch films, etc?

The P&O website states which connections are on their TVs (depending on model) but doesn't state which "models" are in each cabin category.

Do we need to take a usb, hdmi, or "older" type connections for the TVs in the deluxe balcony cabins?

Have any of you taken any devices and attached them? If so which and how? We have various devices, etc, at home, but I'd like to work out if any are suitable :)

Thanks

GbM

We did a cruise on the Aurora in 2015, just after the refit, in a deluxe balcony cabin and I used a HDMI cable. The very basic remote control provided in the cabin was no good for changing to the HDMI channel but reception organised for the TV man to come and see me and after trying to do it manually from the buttons on the front of the TV, decided to give up and lend me his super dooper remote control for the rest of our cruise (114 nights). Whilst we were at breakfast on the last morning the remote control was changed back to the basic one. I was very pleased with that outcome and they were very helpful.

I took a laptop and, on that occasion, played DVDs through it and the HDMI cable. Last cruise on the Oriana, similar setup with HDMI cable but the buttons on the TV worked to change channel. This time I took my little magic box that I attach an external hard drive to instead of the laptop. Worked a treat. Do remember that all these devises need a power supply so take a multi socket extension lead too.

Enjoy the cruise.

Pat

Edited by Elderflower