Norwegian Pearl Alaska cruise on Pearl- dress code and formal night?

Voyagers

After taking several cruises to the Caribbean, we are going on our first cruise with Norwegian to Alaska. Is the onboard dress pretty casual? Is there a formal night? Any other suggestions as to what to pack for clothing? Thank you!

Edited by Voyagers

You did not say if you had cruised NCL before - but the dress code for AK is the same as everywhere else. I am not one to dress to the nines and so for the one dress up- or not night I did not dress any better than any other nights. As a man, I always wore Docker style pants and a button down shirts some full and others polo. My DW and MIL also wore nice slacks, capris, and long sleeved sweater tops or blouses. I noticed a wide range of dress - from jeans to suits and ties. But for the most part we fit in just fine.

They usually reserve the aft MDR for the formal diners. The Mid ship MDR is usually more casual. We never ate there so I don't know what was worn there. We did eat one night in LaCucina and there was a wife there waiting for her husband - who forgot the reservation time :eek:. He showed up in sweat pants and a tee shirt - she was nicely dressed up - she shamed him worse than any waiter could :D.

For the 7 night cruise I took two slacks and three shirts for evening wear.

The rest of the time I wore Jeans and tee shirts

After taking several cruises to the Caribbean, we are going on our first cruise with Norwegian to Alaska. Is the onboard dress pretty casual? Is there a formal night? Any other suggestions as to what to pack for clothing? Thank you!

We were on the Pearl, May 7. We felt it was more casual on the Alaska cruise. Jeans were worn in the main dining room and specialties. I force myself to wear dress slacks twice.

Lots of sweat shirts, too.

We were on the Pearl, May 7. We felt it was more casual on the Alaska cruise. Jeans were worn in the main dining room and specialties. I force myself to wear dress slacks twice.

Lots of sweat shirts, too.

Jeans are permitted in every NCL dining room on every itinerary on every ship.

We just returned yesterday from the Pearl and it was very casual. Most wore jeans throughout. On the formal or not nights, I did see some women in dresses but not anything too formal. Basically wear anything in which you are comfortable!

according to the dress code - yes collared shirts are required.

I did not see anybody in tee shirts in the MDR- at least in the Summer Palace (the AFT MDR) which is supposed to be the more formal of the two.

Anything goes in the buffet and O'Sheehan's.

I had read that jeans were ok in the dining rooms. For men though, are collared shirts required? I was thinking I had read that as well but wanted to double check to make sure we have those packed if so.

I saw plenty of men wearing t-shirts at Indigo (mid ship MDR). We never did go to Summer Palace for dinner so I can't help you there.

I had read that jeans were ok in the dining rooms. For men though, are collared shirts required? I was thinking I had read that as well but wanted to double check to make sure we have those packed if so.

I have worn a zip hoodie in the aft mdr and I don't wear collared shirts below so it is possible without, but it is not the standard.