Snorkeling at GSC???

DimSum

Has anyone tried snorkeling around the beaches at GSC? Is there anything to see? Debating whether or not to join a snorkeling excursion at GSC.

TIA

Last time I was there I just snorkel end off the beach, no excursion.

The snorkeling off GSC is fantastic. I have done both the NCL snorkel excursion and brought my own snorkel equipment. Although they still want you to wear the red vest. If you bring some hamburger bun from the BBQ into the water, you can feed the fish. Although it can get crazy with having an entire school of fish fighting for the bread.

If the water is unsettled or cloudy NCL will not charge you the excursion and you can make the call if you want to proceed or not. GSC is amazing. Hope to get back there someday.

The snorkeling off GSC is fantastic. I have done both the NCL snorkel excursion and brought my own snorkel equipment. Although they still want you to wear the red vest. If you bring some hamburger bun from the BBQ into the water, you can feed the fish. Although it can get crazy with having an entire school of fish fighting for the bread.

If the water is unsettled or cloudy NCL will not charge you the excursion and you can make the call if you want to proceed or not. GSC is amazing. Hope to get back there someday.

If you have that bread in your pocket you may end up with a fish in there trying to get it :eek:

Thank you for the replies. Glad to have the options to join or not join an excursion.

Not sure I would want to do the bread thing though ;)

May I suggest bringing a box of cheerios from the buffet, then? They float in the water and make the snorkling even more fun!

We bring our own snorkels and goggles. No need for find for us. No need to pay to rent them either of you plan on snorkeling at other stops too. There are lots of fish at GSC.