Carnival Magic Spa 9 balcony vs. Cove balcony

rondl1

I have not had the Spa Balcony, but I have had the Cove on the Dream. It was awesome, so close to the water and quiet. We just bought the week pass to the spa. The price of the Cove and the Spa pass was a lot less that the Spa Balcony. Which every you choose, you will have a great cruise.

It will depend on your preference. The Cove balcony will be lower, closer to the water, and you will need to buy a spa pass, if the thermal suite is something you would enjoy and use. The spa balconies are higher and forward. We personally love the spa cabin location as it is close to the thermal suite (used every day, twice and even thrice a day!) and the Serenity (Adult only area). It was also an easy walk to the lido area for the buffet and pool.

The Cove balcony location has it upsides as well. If returning back to the ship from a shorx, and there are lots of people returning at the same time, it's usually easier to walk up a few flights of stairs then waiting for an elevator. Unless very fit having to walk up flights of stairs to get to the 11th o 12th deck can be exhausting.

Whatever you choose, the Magic is a beautiful ship-enjoy.

Thanks. It's a hard decision. This is our 20+ cruise and have been on the Magic before and in the Spa. Love the amenities of the Spa but I have also heard that the Cove balconies, which I never knew existed, were very different because they were so close to the water.

I know if we are on the Spa deck we will use the Spa daily, in addition to a massage.

And will try to book in the next two days, so if anyone else has an opinion or has stayed in the Spa Deck, please...

We have sailed Magic several times with several different balcony locations, including spa and cove.

As someone mentioned, it's really up to your preferences. We did our first cove this past summer. It was neat, but we probably won't do it again. Primary reason- being that close to the water rushing past made me seasick. I got over it the longer we were on, but I'd rather have a spa balcony.

We switched from spa to cove last summer because we wanted to experience a cove, and it was much cheaper, so we saved some money.

Good things about a cove:

1) new experience

2) ledge to set your drinks

3) roomier balcony

4) privacy

5) always shady

Things I didn't care for:

1) no glass wall for "open" viewing

2) too close to the water for my seasick tendencies

3) always shady :)

4) we take the stairs, not the elevator, so location was KILLER on the legs!

Things I liked about a spa balcony:

1) great view

2) access to spa facilities

4) close to Serenity

5) the decor is nicer than other cabins (I know, not that big of a deal, but I like the green over the orange)

The Cove balcony location has it upsides as well. If returning back to the ship from a shorx, and there are lots of people returning at the same time, it's usually easier to walk up a few flights of stairs then waiting for an elevator. Unless very fit having to walk up flights of stairs to get to the 11th o 12th deck can be exhausting.

We like the low decks for this reason on a port heavy cruise; however, a good tip if you are on an upper deck- take the stairs to deck 1, walk midship and then take the elevators from there. It is only the forward elevators that are crowded from people boarding from the port.

I've had the cove balcony on the Breeze and the spa balcony on the Breeze. I will say that the spa balcony was a huge disappointment to me. It's very narrow and no roof. I will not book the spa balcony again. Instead, book the cove and purchase a spa membership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't like the idea of an uncovered balcony, with the possibility of people looking down onto your balcony from the public deck above, then don't book the spa deck. Book a balcony on deck 11 instead, as those are covered. The forward half of the balconies on deck 11 are spa balconies, and include the same spa access.

That is, if you decide on the spa balcony. I greatly prefer the cove to a high up balcony. Although, I did really enjoy the Cloud 9 Spa, when we had a spa interior. So I don't know which one I would choose. Take 2 cruises, one of each.:)

Things I didn't care for:

1) no glass wall for "open" viewing

too close to the water for my seasick tendencies2) too close to the water for my seasick tendencies

3) always shady :)

4) we take the stairs, not the elevator, so location was KILLER on the legs!

I have to ask, why close to the water was bad for seasickness. I thought the lower you were, the less movement was felt?

I have to ask, why close to the water was bad for seasickness. I thought the lower you were, the less movement was felt?

It is better to be lower for motion. Higher up definitely does feel more motion. But a lot of it can be perception. If a person thinks that low will feel more motion, then they will be more mentally aware of it, causing it to bother them more. Or it could have been something else that bothered them. Maybe being so close to the water, seeing it rush by so fast, caused them to feel uncomfortable, which might have the same symptoms of motion sickness. I personally love seeing the water rush by so fast, but I guess it could be a bothersome thing for others.