Glory 2/25/17 Cancelled

jabberjaw070596

I believe since its for next year that is just a regularly scheduled dry dock

She was just in dry dock in 2013 and received all of the 2.0 upgrades at that time. So, I cannot imagine why she would need a dry dock again so soon after. Unusual only after 3 years. We sailed on her in Feb 2014 and she was perfect.

Maybe she needs some technical upgrades or something. :confused:

Wonder what happens to travel expenses when this happens. Flights and shuttles that have been prepaid and non refundable. Any idea?

I wondered, too. Does Carnival give any compensation toward a flight that is non-refundable in this case? That's a huge expense.

She was just in dry dock in 2013 and received all of the 2.0 upgrades at that time. So, I cannot imagine why she would need a dry dock again so soon after. Unusual only after 3 years. We sailed on her in Feb 2014 and she was perfect.

Maybe she needs some technical upgrades or something. :confused:

2013 to 2017 is 4 years.

That's weird Glory already has all the 2.0 updates. Other ships need it worse. Must be mechanical.

I just got off of the Glory after a 21 day cruise and believe me she definitely needs a dry dock.

It was in terrible shape...rust EVERYWHERE, almost every tile in lido buffet was cracked or broken, about half of the tiles around the azure pool under the sliding dome were missing, MDR booth seats cloth was so bare there were holes, carpet faded and bleach spots, chairs in walkways were bare and worn, that is just a few examples.

Glad it is getting a dry dock, it definitely needs it!

I wondered, too. Does Carnival give any compensation toward a flight that is non-refundable in this case? That's a huge expense.

They do not refund your flights. Best bet would be to get your full cruise refund and book a sailing from the same port same time, or a port you can shuttle to. Travel insurance would cover the cancellation though, some policies anyway. Some airlines will change your flights you just pay the difference or a change fee.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app