Viking Custom Air Costs

cmbath

I'm sure someone with more personal knowledge of Viking Air will elaborate, but as I understand it there are two separate fees ($50 and $100). One is the custom fee, to get to choose the exact flights you want [on the same day that Viking normally does it]. The other is the deviation fee, to travel on a different day or to a different airport. Since you are flying in a day early, you would have to pay both fees. I also wouldn't expect airport transfers, as Viking has no reason to be at the airport the day you arrive.

That's what I thought, but they insisted I had to pay it all. I only wanted the $50 choice.

As far as the freebie, they stopped that at least a year ago. That's what they told me before my last cruise.

I guess I'll be calling them again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What are the different choices of extra fees for Viking Air? I only want to talk to the air department to pick the best flight. they just charged me $150 and I thought it was $50.

Thanks

Cmbath

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Host Jazzbeau is correct. Viking is charging $100 for flying in a day early (or to a different airport), and $50 for choosing your flights instead of letting Viking choose.

Lynn

CM-

It's who you speak to and what you know before you speak to them. I was initially charged the $50 custom fee. I protested. I said your literature doesn't say that I'm not entitled to it. That went nowhere. I politely hung up and contacted someone in management. The fee was eventually removed. I like Viking but they are the most frustrating people to deal with.