Drink Packages for a group

VOLEYMOM

Family cruise with adult children going on the Divina. 2 rooms want to buy the expensive beverage package. The other room just the vouchers. Is this possible. Reading the rules it seems like everyone who eats together must buy the same package. Anyone know how it works when traveling with a group?

My husband and I traveled with my adult daughter and her boyfriend on the March 19, 2016 Divina cruise.

They wanted to buy the drink package,; we did not.

We had separate reservation numbers , our reservations were linked, and we had a table for four for dinner.

No, you do not all have to buy the package. My daughter and boyfriend pre ordered the all inclusive drink package; we did not order a package.

Family cruise with adult children going on the Divina. 2 rooms want to buy the expensive beverage package. The other room just the vouchers. Is this possible. Reading the rules it seems like everyone who eats together must buy the same package. Anyone know how it works when traveling with a group?

Quite the rule if so. Makes since though especially if one of the members of the group didn't drink at all or better off, was in recovery. That person is not allowed to dine with anyone that possess the all you can drink pack? Brilliant!

Voleymom, have the people who want the drink package call MSC. My daughter did, she was told that we did not have to buy a drink package.

As I said, she and her boyfriend did and there was absolutely no problem on board with them having the package.

Thanks so much for all the answers. I understand the reasoning since I am sure that people share drinks but my daughter is trying to get pregnant and not drinking and her husband will buy the vouchers. My son and his girlfriend will buy the drink package as will we. I was hopeful that all didn't need to buy, this will work our perfect!

I can understand your concern. I noticed the same "rule" about drink packages and discussed it with my daughter. That is why she called MSC to get a definitive answer for our very similar situation.

In any case, all your cabins will have at least one drink package so the concern about the "rule" turns out to be a moot point.

I am sailing with my Mom and she will get vouchers. I would prefer the Allegrissimo package for mixed drinks and a few glasses of wine at dinner. Possible if we both book in advance? If not I will just get 2 sets of 18 vouchers.

Edited by musik07