Solo on the Divina 09/20/2014

maureencruiser

I'm thinking about a Solo Cruise, saw your review. Have throughly enjoyed it. Makes me think the Davina might be the one for me to test the waters (so to speak).

Edited by MazziB

Hi,

Just found your review and am absolutely loving it! Oh and goody ... you have written more of them to check out. I should be doing all kinds of other things ... but this is getting preferential treatment now.

Hope the passing of your mom was peaceful... having read that she struggled for so long wanting to go, got to me even more than the actual post that she did pass. I mean ... seriously .... it's april. That was one looong road for all the family involved. Take some time to catch some breath. We all love the review and are patiently waiting for you to finish it one day ... no matter when. We'll be here.

Stef

• 2 months later...
Oops, sorry, I hit the enter key sooner than I meant to. I must still be high from the fumes. ;)

So, at noon, we all climbed aboard the shuttle, there were about a dozen of us. The driver arranged our suitcases in the order we would be arriving at the pier. With my usual Irish luck, I was last. I'm telling you, if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. :p

At 12:12 (see what a good note taker I am, in the beginning of the cruise? The last three days, I didn't take any notes. Oh, I'll remember everything, I said. :o), we arrived at a Norwegian ship, the Breakaway? the Getaway? the Piscataway? Whatever it was called, it was a real cluster in front of the terminal. Hundreds of people out there, piles of luggage. Oh, the humanity!

Next up were two Carnival ships, they seemed a little better organized. Now, it was just me and the driver. Anticipation was building. He dropped me off at 12:40 and I was onboard at 1pm.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3B44%3A%3Dot%3E393%3A%3D7%3B3%3D%3C25%3DXROQDF%3E2874%3A49%3B55257ot1lsi

Look at me, how happy I am. Clearly, the world is my oyster.

nice photo, but the eagle-eyed MSC devotees will notice the ship in the pictures is NOT DIVINA but either Fantasia or Splendida

SPOT THE DIFFERENCE

Look at the rear recess (circled in Blue) which is small on DIVINA and large on the other two, and the central hump (circled in Red) large on DIVINA and small on the other two.

Why MSC don't use the correct images of their ships one wonders at, but they do it in publicity material and their brochures all the time.

DIVINA%20FANTASIA%202.jpg

Loving the review by the way

Pete

nice photo, but the eagle-eyed MSC devotees will notice the ship in the pictures is NOT DIVINA but either Fantasia or Splendida

SPOT THE DIFFERENCE

Look at the rear recess (circled in Blue) which is small on DIVINA and large on the other two, and the central hump (circled in Red) large on DIVINA and small on the other two.

Why MSC don't use the correct images of their ships one wonders at, but they do it in publicity material and their brochures all the time.

DIVINA%20FANTASIA%202.jpg

Loving the review by the way

Pete

I zoomed my screen in on that picture Pete and could kind of make out "MSC DIVINA" on the hull.

I zoomed my screen in on that picture Pete and could kind of make out "MSC DIVINA" on the hull.

If you zoom far enough you can see the rectangle around the name where someone has done a bit of cutting and pasting, (photoshop?) to change the name

Rest assured it is NOT Divina

tHe other giveaway is the number of metal balconies on deck 9

i know my MSC ships

Pete

Edited by Skier52

If you zoom far enough you can see the rectangle around the name where someone has done a bit of cutting and pasting, (photoshop?) to change the name

Rest assured it is NOT Divina

Pete

Haaaaa,,,you're probably right Pete!!! I forgot MSC uses a green screen behind you when they take your embarkation picture. I'm sure they can edit the name of the ship on the image they use.

Haaaaa,,,you're probably right Pete!!! I forgot MSC uses a green screen behind you when they take your embarkation picture. I'm sure they can edit the name of the ship on the image they use.

They can't even be bothered to use the correct image on their own web site.

Here's a screen dump taken 2 minutes ago .

The ship says Divina on the bow but the hump , rear recess and the metal balconies on deck 9 show it is NOT Divina at all.

divina%2010.jpg

They do the same thing with their "Virtual Tour" as well Pete,,,I believe it's the Fantasia that they use.

Don't do the MSC Club match bet !!! :D:D (which has to be a 50/50 bet on a roulette table; even/odd ; red/black ; high/ low) , because with a 50:50 chance of choosing between Fantasia and Splendida you backed the wrong ship.:confused::confused:

THe virtual tour , of cabins and suites at least, was done on Splendida, They actually own up on screen to that one.

Pete

Don't do the MSC Club match bet !!! :D:D (which has to be a 50/50 bet on a roulette table; even/odd ; red/black ; high/ low) , because with a 50:50 chance of choosing between Fantasia and Splendida you backed the wrong ship.:confused::confused:

THe virtual tour , of cabins and suites at least, was done on Splendida, They actually own up on screen to that one.

Pete

How do I keep missing the fine print!!!!

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-01%20at%209.42.24%20PM_zpsc5tlwk0n.png

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom passing.

I've really sad that I have come to the end of your reviews. Hopefully you will put your 5 weeks of vacation to good use and go on more cruises:)

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom passing.

I've really sad that I have come to the end of your reviews. Hopefully you will put your 5 weeks of vacation to good use and go on more cruises:)

Thanks, Selva! Just this past week, I have booked to go back on Divina in December! Now, I'm thinking about upgrading to a balcony, since there are three days at sea, but, I'm not sure. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks, Selva! Just this past week, I have booked to go back on Divina in December! Now, I'm thinking about upgrading to a balcony, since there are three days at sea, but, I'm not sure. :)

I'm booked on the same cruise with my daughter. I'd love to thank you in person for such an amusing review. Janis

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...